Joey B

Cali

Interesting stat on Borchard. I believe Manuel talked about the fact JB impresses him and Greg Walker because he is willing to listen and learn. He is very coachable. However, I think because he is still young it's going to be up and down with his production. As long as he doesn't start chasing the high one and the ones outside and low he just might have more good days than bad. Harris I just don't know about. He has potential, but I don't think he has been showing it at the big league level yet.

Ohh, I thought you were referring to JoeyBatters for a bit there...lol! :lol:

I guess Borchard's a keeper unless he proves he can't play, which he's doing just fine for now. He needs this experience here in the big leagues, and I think he'll be a starter opening up the 2004 campaign. He's got the power and the patience to do it.

Ohh, I thought you were referring to JoeyBatters for a bit there...lol! :lol:

I guess Borchard's a keeper unless he proves he can't play, which he's doing just fine for now.  He needs this experience here in the big leagues, and I think he'll be a starter opening up the 2004 campaign.  He's got the power and the patience to do it.

heather-yeah-that's what I thought too!

K-Y

I hope he prefroms at a lvl where we can keep him... dont wanna carry anymore dead weight.

Don't kid yourselves. Borch is going to look really bad at times. You gotta remember the year he was drafted was the first time he had ever played just baseball. He has a lot of catching up to do. But that being said the kid is smart enough and mentally tough enough to do that learning at the major league level.

Don't kid yourselves.  Borch is going to look really bad at times.  You gotta remember the year he was drafted was the first time he had ever played just baseball.  He has a lot of catching up to do.  But that being said the kid is smart enough and mentally tough enough to do that learning at the major league level.

I agree with all of what you said... it was my hope he would end the year at AAA. then come up swinging next ST.

I saw Borchard in Winter Ball down here. His swing was Loooong. But he had dicipline. Struck out some but walked about 22 times in 102 AB's. A lot of them down 0-2 in the count

Actually, that is a very good point.  I was thinking that he'd get acclamated to major league pitching and environment sooner, and therefore, he'd become a better player more quickly.

First he needs to learn to hit AAA pitching. then he can learn MLB.

He hasnt show he can hit AAA so why let him learn on the job at ML?

Not always Method. AA pitchers are better. AAA pitchers suck mostly. AAA is veterans and rehabing players. Let him learn here

This is just one thing i am gonna have to disagree with ya on.

If he cant hit AAA and rehabbing ML pitchers... what makes anyone think hes gonna be able to hit ML pitching?

I wish him the best... just dont think its good for him.... hes only been playing fulltime for a couple years. and hes still gotta shorten his swing quite a bit.

Guest hotsoxchick1
This is just one thing i am gonna have to disagree with ya on.

If he cant hit AAA and rehabbing ML pitchers... what makes anyone think hes gonna be able to hit ML pitching?

I wish him the best... just dont think its good for him.... hes only been playing fulltime for a couple years. and hes still gotta shorten his swing quite a bit.

now this is where you and i will disagree..... he has shown before (like in the past) that he could hit minor league pitching rather well.. and you can ask anyone who was here last year ..all i kept saying was to bring him up and let him have a steady diet of major league pitching and he would be just fine.... if he doesnt get a chance to continually hit it, then how do we know he ever will be able to?? were not going to go to any world series or playoffs this year anyhow so why not let him just have at it......maybe being around the vets like frank will help him out???? cant hurt any to give it a shot... we suck anyhow and its not his fault........at this rate we would have a better shot at second place at least if we brought all the minor guys up and sent this stinking team down............ :o

JB is hitting on par with the rest of the team and I think he is getting better with the adjustment to major league pitching - I agree with HSC, leave him here and let him get experience, its all good for the future