White Sox vs. Braves, Haeger v. Ramirez

Balta1701

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early data: The sox have 3 errors, throwing error on Haeger, fielding errors on Iguchi and Ozuna.

Sox runs: Dye singles, forceout on Pierzynski, Crede Singles, Uribe singles to load em, BA grounds into a force out driving in a run. BA steals 2nd, but the inning ends. (2nd inning.)

3rd inning: Iguchi and Thome single, Iguchi scores on a GIDP by Konerko.

Braves runs: Renteria Walks, Chipper Jones singles, both advance on a throwing error by Haeger, 2 RBI single by Andruw Jones. (1st inning)

Third inning: Chipper singles, Laroche reaches on the error by Iguchi, Francoeur grounds out knocking in Chipper.

The Sox have 8 hits through 4 innings. Only Konerko and BA don't have hits, and they're the only ones who've knocked in runs.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Felix @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
Also, if anyone hasn't noticed, MLB.com has updated the player portraits :) (not really relevant to this thread, but whatever)

The question is...when were the new photos taken? I don't want to see Thornton in a Mariners uniform all year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
The question is...when were the new photos taken?  I don't want to see Thornton in a Mariners uniform all year.

Around March 12th (SSH was right in this post), but people like Thornton have been photoshopped by MLB.com (I assume at least) so they have the right jerseys on.

ph_407819.jpg

Edited by Felix

2 runs on 11 hits. GOoch has 2, AJ has 2, Uribe has 3.

3rd game in a row for Boone which is a good sign I suppose. Boone went 1 IP with 2k and nada else against 3 Braves starters.

Pods went 3-6, and looks to be ready to go for opening night.

Guillen was upbeat when asked about Podsednik's condition.

"I talked to [head trainer Herm Schneider], he text-messaged me and said [Podsednik's] ready to go," said Guillen. "But besides that we have a Plan B. It's pretty good news. We're going to see how he feels, but he'll come back to play and he'll lead off."

Guillen felt reasonably secure that Podsednik would be back when the season opens Sunday night and that he would be in the lineup despite the expected less-than-ideal baseball weather.

Edited by jphat007

"I talked to [head trainer Herm Schneider], he text-messaged me and said [Podsednik's] ready to go," said Guillen.

The_Herminat0r: OMG LOLZ

The_Herminat0r: U shoodof seen PODS

IM8KDLineups: YA

The_Herminat0r: 3 4 6

IM8KDLineups: ?

The_Herminat0r: He went 3-6

IM8KDLineups: ORLY?

The_Herminat0r: He sez he feel good

IM8KDLineups: OK He pl8 on sund8

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
The_Herminat0r: OMG LOLZ

The_Herminat0r: U shoodof seen PODS

IM8KDLineups: YA

The_Herminat0r: 3 4 6

IM8KDLineups: ?

The_Herminat0r: He went 3-6

IM8KDLineups: ORLY?

The_Herminat0r: He sez he feel good

IM8KDLineups: OK He pl8 on sund8

:lolhitting

Edited by jphat007

Clifford gets a fly out, gives up a single, then gets a pop out to start the 7th. Cotts

coming in to face Jones I believe.

Matt Diaz pinch hits for C. Jones, (he's a righty), singles, runner to 3rd.

Edited by Balta1701