NBA FINALS

This board does have it's Spurs fans, but I think I represent the lone Nets fan. I will try to be vocal to fend off all the spurs fans, but it may be tough. Anyway to my preview.

PG:

Jason Kidd vs. Tony Parker

edge: Nets...obviously Kidd is the best PG in the NBA

SG:

Kerry Kittles vs. Stephen Jackson

edge: Nets...close, but Kittles has a better shot, and is capable of big games.

SF:

Richard Jefferson vs. Bruce Bowen

edge: Nets...c'mon RJ was selected to the USA team and is the most energetic fast break player.

PF:

Kenyon Martin vs. Tim Duncan

edge: Spurs...Tim Duncan: MVP, K-Mart: energetic, and a leader, but not good enough to compete with Duncan.

C:

Jason Collins vs. David Robinson

edge: Spurs...neither player is an impact player at this point, but Robinson's experience is better than Collins's youth.

Bench:

edge: Spurs...Nets are small off the bench and with the exception of Rodney Rogers, the bench is wildly inconsistent.

Coaching:

edge: Spurs...Byron Scott is questionable to me.

Results:

Nets in 6.

A gutsy prediction, but Spurs had trouble with PG driven Pheonix, and Game 5 against the Mav's showed that the Spurs can be beaten with a small lineup.

Kidd and K-Mart are driven, and will sweep the Spurs in NJ after losing the first 2 in SA. Then the Nets will win game 6 in SA

Waiting until next week to play is so stupid, no wonder NBA interest is so LOW :huh:

Actually its not. Theyre waiting to accomodate the millions of people in foreign countries who are interested. The interest of the NBA is increasing.

I said spurs in 6 v. mavs...I'll say it again for the nets.

parker isn't as good kidd, obviously, but he's not far behind. edge, but not a big one.

the spurs have had to adjust for every series, and especically for the who switched game plans after 3 games.

the nets have had little opposition in a weak conference.

I know the nets will take 1, and most likely 2, but the spurs are just too good to lose this.

spurs in 6:)

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said spurs in 6 v. mavs...I'll say it again for the nets.

parker isn't as good kidd, obviously, but he's not far behind. edge, but not a big one.

the spurs have had to adjust for every series, and especically for the who switched game plans after 3 games.

the nets have had little opposition in a weak conference.

I know the nets will take 1, and most likely 2, but the spurs are just too good to lose this.

spurs in 6:)

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang

This will be fun.

I have no favorite team in the NBA....only a team that I hate(the Lakers....sorry LA fans, if there are any in here....I have hated them for about 2 years now; the Bibby foul from game 6 last year pissed me off; game 2 or 3 of this year's playoffs against Minnesota pissed me off....it is quite obvious that they are paying off the refs).

Anyways...I'll probably be cheering for the Nets. I really like Kidd. He's a hell of a player, and I think he deserves to win it. The Nets are the one exception in the world of sports where one trade turned a franchise around...and the trade was just a flip-flop of point guards. Crazy s***.

Now I said trade, because as soon as I said one player, Michael Jordan popped into my head. Then again, his effect probably didn't take place for a couple years. Maybe Jason Kidd is the exception in that he turned the Nets around. I have no idea.

Obviously, I am not a big NBA guy. :lol:

Actually its not.  Theyre waiting to accomodate the millions of people in foreign countries who are interested. The interest of the NBA is increasing.

I can't wait for the Krakow-Barcelona NBA finals coming up any day now!

:D ;)

Are they going to move the start times on the Finals to like 3AM so they'll be on in prime time in the booming global markets, too?

I really really couldn't care less about basketball - it's a DISTANT fourth out of the 4 "major" sports to me. I like when there's a hated dynasty so I can cheer for them. I gladly accepted this season's Laker exit after the past three years of gleeful chuckling when the Smuggest Of The Smug held up the trophy.