Shamrock Shuffle 4/2/06

southsideirish71

I am pretty happy with my run. Not a bad start to the race season. Just a smidge over 37 minutes. I qualify for the preferred start next year so I dont have to fight the mobs and mobs of people at the start like this year. 25k people raced today. Just a clue to the people running this next year, if you run a 15 minute mile, dont pack it up in the front. I spent the first mile and a half dogging some of the 15 minute miler crew. Next year I go up front. I will shoot for 33 to 35 minutes next year.

Wierdest thing I saw today during the race was some purple haired girl stopped around the mile and a half point so she could lean over and drink some standing water from the curb. I dont even see homeless people doing that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
I am pretty happy with my run.  Not a bad start to the race season. Just a smidge over 37 minutes.  I qualify for the preferred start next year so I dont have to fight the mobs and mobs of people at the start like this year.  25k people raced today.  Just a clue to the people running this next year, if you run a 15 minute mile, dont pack it up in the front.  I spent the first mile and a half dogging some of the 15 minute miler crew.  Next year I go up front.  I will shoot for 33 to 35 minutes next year.

Wierdest thing I saw today during the race was some purple haired girl stopped around the mile and a half point so she could lean over and drink some standing water from the curb.  I dont even see homeless people doing that.

15 minute mile?? What in the hell were they doing, walking??

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
15 minute mile?? What in the hell were they doing, walking??

You would be surprised.

You get people who make this mad dash out of the gate, and then wind up walking or just running at a snails pace the minute they realize that they havent even hit a 1/2 mile yet.