JIM FOCKING THOME

sox-r-us

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
Well, well, well, look at everyone on Thome's jock suddenly.  :finger

I seem to remember the reception was kinda skeptical when we first got him.

Well, the addition of Thome spelled the end for Rowand and Frank in a White Sox uni. Of course that's going to take a little time to accept. People aren't going to hold grudges though, and Thome's one of our's now.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Well, well, well, look at everyone on Thome's jock suddenly.  :finger

I seem to remember the reception was kinda skeptical when we first got him.

Don't look at me... I believe I said something to the effect of, I love Aaron Rowand as much as anyone, but when you have a chance to get Jim THome, you do it. Especially when you add in that his aquistion was Paul Konerkos deciding factor towards coming back to Chicago... :wub:

It'll be interesting to see the mood around here when has a 3 K game.

Especially if it coincides with a game where Rowand gets two hits for the Phillies, Anderson goes 0-4, and Gio Gonzalez throws a two hitter in High A ball.

Fast forward a day and it will be all Thome Love again. :bang

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)
Well, the addition of Thome spelled the end for Rowand and Frank in a White Sox uni.  Of course that's going to take a little time to accept.  People aren't going to hold grudges though, and Thome's one of our's now.

Frank's one of my all-time favorites, but I have no illusions about his health/productivity at age 38 or what kind of clubhouse guy he was. Thanks for the memories, Frank, but it's time to move on. Good luck hitting #500 and I'll even take a day off of work to watch your Cooperstown induction live.

Even when Thome terrorized our pitchers as a member of the Evil Tribe, I always respected him as a player and a person. Frankly (no pun intended), he was the perfect fit for this team.

I fell asleep at about 10:30 last night (tried staying awake, but fell asleep). So glad I got to see a replay of his homerun from the ESPN site!

Yahoo had a nice article about him and what he did while running the bases (eye contact with the players, etc).

They guy is a one of a kind these days. I don't know how many dingers he will hit this year, but it is a thrill just to watch him swing. Whenever I see a still shot of him in mid swing, I immediately think Harmon Killebrew. He's just got a Cooperstown pose, an old school slugger...off the back foot and front heel...arms fully extended... the bat going all the way around with that uppercut that tells you he's got one thing in mind. Dang, its an all or nothing swing but it sure is fun to watch.

SFF

I don't say this about many players, but Thome could hit .200 this year with 15 homers, and I would still root for him and like him. He's a great guy, and the type of person who you know respects the game and his teammates. It's going to be fun to watch him bat this season.

Two things:

-K, that has to be the single coolest signature going on ST right now.

-If anyone...ANYONE...can please find a picture of Thome's curtain call it would so greatly appreciated.

You all have no idea how excited I am to have Big Jim in black pinstripes.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
CBS had a great picture of it, but I won't be on my computer for a couple of hours.  I'll upload it when I get back, if someone else doesn't before then.

That would be perfect, Z. It's appreciated.

Load all the good ones you find.