Few thoughts from the game

Jimbo's Drinker

That was a fun game, tears were in my eyes watching that banner drop in person.

1. Thome is a beast, but more importantly he is a leader. He was embraced while walking off the field after the victory by all the players.

2. BMAC is in the right position, long reliever. I think kW learned alot from the astros last year, and their pen is full of this type.

3. Scott Thornton actually has some good stuff, cuidado senores.

4. the tribe has no bullpen.

5. BA is going to be so much fun to watch grow up.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 02:00 AM)
That was a fun game, tears were in my eyes watching that banner drop in person.

1.  Thome is a beast, but more importantly he is a leader.  He was embraced while walking off the field after the victory by all the players.

2. BMAC is in the right position, long reliever. I think kW learned alot from the astros last year, and their pen is full of this type.

3.  Scott Thornton actually has some good stuff, cuidado senores.

5.  BA is going to be so much fun to watch grow up.

I have to disagree with 3 and 4. First of all, who's Scott Thornton? :P

Second, the Indians' bullpen is nowhere near as bad as it was tonight. Graves sucks. That's been a given for about 4 years now. But Cabrera, Betancourt, Miller, Sauerback, Mota and Wickman is a solid pen. However, the one thing they do seem to lack is a quality long reliever. Somebody like that McCarthy guy.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
The Tribe has a bullpen.  They just happened to suck tonight (well, Graves does suck).  Fernando Cabrera is not that bad but he sure s*** his pants Marte-style tonight.

ill see it to believe it, and no way Mota stays healthy all year.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
The Tribe has a bullpen.  They just happened to suck tonight (well, Graves does suck).  Fernando Cabrera is not that bad but he sure s*** his pants Marte-style tonight.

Cabrera's been absolutely horrible since he came back from the WBC. We caught him at a good time tonight.

And yeah the Tribe has a pen. But is it as good as last year's without Howry (2.47 ERA ), Rhodes (2.08 ERA), and Riske (3.10 ERA). I don't think so, which is one of the reasons why I don't think they can win more than 90 games this season.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)

Agreed. He can build up his arm strength in long relief and spot-start if one of our vets needs a rest later this season. He'll be ready for the rotation next year.

3.  Scott Thornton actually has some good stuff, cuidado senores.

Not sure about that, but he was hitting the mid-90s last night. If he can eat innings in blowouts, he might be worth keeping around.

Politte didn't look too sharp. While there's probably no way that he'll repeat last year's numbers, he's going to have to at least keep his ERA under 4 this year. If he doesn't, we're going to have to trade for another middle reliever.

Sadly, theirs is probably better than ours, although I don't see Wickman playing a full season. Graves needs to ditch his Jennifer Aniston hairdo.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
I'd also like mention that Iguchi had a real nice game.  He is so awesome at moving runners over.  he also made a gutsy move throwing to second to get the force out on a ground ball.

Agree on Iguchi. Unfortunately, a huge storm hit Champaign last night and knocked out the cable so I didn't get to watch the game, but Farmar mentioned that most 2B would not have gone after the lead runner there. It made me think of the play Iguchi made going to 3rd against the BoSox in the playoffs last year.

From the perspective of those on the Eastern Time, I think a majority went to bed. I for one figured it should've been called and replayed today or tomorrow afternoon, but its not my opinion.

Nevertheless I saw a lotta pop in the Sox lineup, I saw a lot of mistakes on the Indians part, bullpen killed us.

And truthfully I thought we had no chance yesterday when the rain came, I just figured there is no way we can go and win in this city, this atmosphere, this late at night.

Let's hope, from an Indians Fan, the W is next to the wigwam tomorrow..

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
From the perspective of those on the Eastern Time, I think a majority went to bed. I for one figured it should've been called and replayed today or tomorrow afternoon, but its not my opinion.

Nevertheless I saw a lotta pop in the Sox lineup, I saw a lot of mistakes on the Indians part, bullpen killed us.

And truthfully I thought we had no chance yesterday when the rain came, I just figured there is no way we can go and win in this city, this atmosphere, this late at night.

Good to see an Indians poster, and one who isn't a troll or a blowhard. Thanks for posting.

Of course, we still hope to kick your guys' butts Tuesday. :gosox1:

:cheers

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)

Welcome aboard. It's nice to get perspective's from other team's fans. I also had a thought last night that after the rain delay, whatever team that was going to win was going to score alot more runs than the other team. As a Sox fan, I'm glad we were on top of that.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
Good to see an Indians poster, and one who isn't a troll or a blowhard.  Thanks for posting.

Of course, we still hope to kick your guys' butts Tuesday.  :gosox1:

:cheers

No Problem. I run an Indians Board, Tribe Talk, and I know what pain opposing teams trolls can do on a board.

Nice to be here on a great SOX Site.

Perhaps I missed something previously talked about here, but I thought that Paulie wasn't just a captain in name, I though he was actually gonna get a "C" on his jersey?

Is he just a captain in name, or did I miss something?

QUOTE(Cali @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
Perhaps I missed something previously talked about here, but I thought that Paulie wasn't just a captain in name, I though he was actually gonna get a "C" on his jersey?

Is he just a captain in name, or did I miss something?

Good point. I forgot about that, but I'm glad he's not wearing it. His team-leading abilities shouldn't be hindered by the absence of the C.

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
No problem guys..... May as well talk and learn the most in-depth sox info with you guys considering they will be our big rival this year.

Welcome to the board.

Tribe, it looks like Sabathia is headed for the 15 day DL. Who will you guys bring up to take his spot in the rotation?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
Welcome to the board.

Tribe,  it looks like Sabathia is headed for the 15 day DL.  Who will you guys bring up to take his spot in the rotation?

We will call up AAA Pitcher Fausto Carmona

His Stats for 2005. Went 13-9 between AA and AAA. Era of 4.07 and 3.25 in the respective leagues......Not horrible.. but we need LEE and WESTBROOK to step it up NOW.

Still not official on CC just yet.

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)

I stayed up, and it was worth it :D

Welcome to the boards, its nice to see people from division rivals posting without flaming the Sox :)