Few thoughts from the game

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
Don't you remember?  Frank was the reason we lost that year.  Everybody else stepped up.  Maggs,  Konerko,  Lee -- all dominant.

What are you smoking? He was the MVP that year...oh wait they gave it to the steroid guy instead.

If you're talking about the play-offs, no one showed up offensively.

QUOTE(GoTribe @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
From the perspective of those on the Eastern Time, I think a majority went to bed. I for one figured it should've been called and replayed today or tomorrow afternoon, but its not my opinion.

Nevertheless I saw a lotta pop in the Sox lineup, I saw a lot of mistakes on the Indians part, bullpen killed us.

And truthfully I thought we had no chance yesterday when the rain came, I just figured there is no way we can go and win in this city, this atmosphere, this late at night.

Let's hope, from an Indians Fan, the W is next to the wigwam tomorrow..

One thing I noticed was how you guys failed to pounce on the opportunities early in the game. It reminded me of last years squad that struggled so much with runners in scoring position.

However, I still think if everything works well you guys have one of the more talented offenses in all of baseball (but than again I thought that last year and we know how that worked for the first half off the season).

Just wanted to say welcome aboard. I'm picking the Central to have the wild card winner, but I actually think its the Twins that pick it up. I like what they've done by getting Castillo and I love how they pitch and play d (plus they'll have Hunter back).

By the way, your site (tribe talk) is very cool looking.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
One thing I noticed was how you guys failed to pounce on the opportunities early in the game.  It reminded me of last years squad that struggled so much with runners in scoring position. 

However, I still think if everything works well you guys have one of the more talented offenses in all of baseball (but than again I thought that last year and we know how that worked for the first half off the season). 

Just wanted to say welcome aboard.  I'm picking the Central to have the wild card winner, but I actually think its the Twins that pick it up.  I like what they've done by getting Castillo and I love how they pitch and play d (plus they'll have Hunter back).

By the way, your site (tribe talk) is very cool looking.

I don't think the central will produce the WC team because the division is too stacked. Even KC has a better team this year, I believe. The central teams will beat each other enough to keep the win totals down.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 06:23 AM)
I don't think the central will produce the WC team because the division is too stacked.  Even KC has a better team this year, I believe.  The central teams will beat each other enough to keep the win totals down.

I think really the entire AL is stacked....

The Central has 3 playoff calibur teams Whitesox, Indians, Twins

1 team on the rise in the 75-85 win range

and 1 bottom feeder prob 60-70 range

The East has 3 playoff calibur teams Toronto, Yanks, Red Sox

and than 2 mediocre teams 70-80 win range. Although both teams can prob get 80 plus with some luck.

The West has 2 playoff teams Angels, A's

and 2 mediocre teams Rangers and Mariners

thats 8 playoff calibur teams, 5 avg.-above avg. teams, and 1 crap team

The NL id say 3 playoff calibur teams(Braves, Mets, and Cardinals) The west doesnt deserve a team and without Clemens/Bagwell not like Astros.

Id say 8 avg.-above avg. teams and than 5 bottom feeders.

Thanks for the Kudos on the site. I really am trying to upgrade it with a better skin and better looking images, etc....

Thanks to the Sox fans for joining....

Anyways I think the AL East, BOS-NYY-TOR is stacked, I think they will beat them up.

I think the West is packed as well..... I don't think the Central will be as tight like top 3-4 wise as many think.. I have us winning the WC, but we got 161 games to prove that.

Go Indians!