Rowand to attend Ring Ceremony

Finkelstein

Not sure if this had been posted yet, I didn't see it anywhere.

From Phillies.com:

A familiar ring: Aaron Rowand has big plans for Tuesday's off-day. He'll fly to Chicago to receive his World Series ring with his former White Sox teammates.

"I couldn't have planned it any better," Rowand said. "It's important to pick up the hardware [in person], because you never know how many opportunities you're going to get."

Rowand spent the past five seasons with the White Sox and helped end Chicago's 88-year World Series drought last season. He said he doesn't plan to lock his jewelry away in a safety deposit box.

"I'm going to be flashing it around," Rowand said. "I earned that thing. I'm going to be wearing it. And if I lose it, I'll buy another one. If you lose it, you can have the company make another one.

"I might say I lost it and get another one, and put that one away."

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 09:39 AM)
Hopefully Damaso, Viz, Duque, Blum, etc are there to accept their rings.

Pittsburgh has a game Tuesday...but it's a night game and they're in Milwaukee, so Marte might have a chance to show. San Diego has a game Tuesday night in S.D., so Blum probably is busy. Arizona and Philly both have off days Tuesday. Seattle does not.

Good to know. He was my favorite player so it will be nice to see him there.

He was mentioned in an ESPN article when asked what the Sox clubhouse did during the rain delay:

Asked how they killed all that time, Pierzynski revealed: "We sat around and watched the World Series DVD for a while there -- and made fun of everyone who showed up on it. But mostly Aaron Rowand."

Rowand, alas, wasn't around to defend himself, since he was traded to the Phillies over the winter. But he still managed to take part in the rain-delay ridicule festivities.

"Yeah, we were texting him back and forth," his buddy, Pierzynski, said. "About the best [insult] he came up with was [to Pierzynski]: 'Get a haircut.' But I told him he was just jealous because he doesn't have any hair."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...yson&id=2394798

Edited by Chisox_fan

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
Rowand doubles in his first AB as a Phillie.

Good for him. I hope he has a monster year both defensively (we pretty much know THIS will happen) and offensively. I may have to watch a couple of Cubs games just so I can see A-Row a few times. :lolhitting

Edited by TheBigHurt