Finally, some common sense

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
It was his daughter so I think it was easy.

The fact that it was his daughter is all the more telling about the obnoxious personalities involved.

"Oh, your coach was yelling at you? Like all coaches do? Let's sue for millions of dollars! Millions of dollars will make you feel better. I know it makes me feel better."

***hole.

Edited by NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
The fact that it was his daughter is all the more telling about the obnoxious personalities involved.

"Oh, your coach was yelling at you?  Like all coaches do?  Let's sue for millions of dollars!  Millions of dollars will make you feel better.  I know it makes me feel better."

***hole.

You're right, it's ridiculous. The lawyer has probably sued on worse cases and won, so he figured this would be easy. Must have got the wrong judge.

But Superior Court Judge Jan Pluim dismissed the case, writing in her March 14 decision that there is nothing wrong with "a coach pushing an athlete to excel, and in so doing, using words that in another context would be considered rude, demeaning and even intimidating

I agree that the suit was ridiculous. But since when has it been acceptable to call people names as long as you're "pushing them to excel?"

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
I agree that the suit was ridiculous.  But since when has it been acceptable to call people names as long as you're "pushing them to excel?"

I doubt we have the whole story here. Think of a gym teacher saying these things. The coach might be a jerk but I doubt he was really attacking the kids verbally. I guess we will never know for sure, but the judge certainly wasn't buying into the lawsuit.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 3, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
I agree that the suit was ridiculous.  But since when has it been acceptable to call people names as long as you're "pushing them to excel?"

Oh the coach may indeed be a jerk. But that is no reason for a $3million payout.