Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
Yep here we go, he sux, he's hurt, we're doomed, trade him, put him in the pen etc.  :headshake

Can we at least wonder why his velocity is down by about 5 mph compared with last season?

Anyone see a radar gun on Freddy during the WBC?

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Yep here we go, he sux, he's hurt, we're doomed, trade him, put him in the pen etc.  :headshake

He has no control of anything. The purpose of him doing this ( throwing 89 miles an hour) was supposedly so that he can get better control of his pitches. He looked extremely bad... and he will struggle all year if he throws with this velocity.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Don't even bother trying my man. It's the way this thread works. It's hilarious. I figured maybe we'd get to the second week of games. LOL.

Even I agree with this. You had to know that some people were going to expect us to win 173 games this year, and not lose a game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
Wow, Brian Anderson would NOT have caught that.  The ball was hit hard, and Mackowiak had no chance at it.

It landed about a step and a half away from Mac, who stumbled a bit before the ball landed. I think Anderson catches it, but I agree that it was a poor pitch that was hit hard.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
I have a feeling he won't be putting Rob in there too often. I hope  :pray

Rob will be in there a lot this year and rightfully so. Anderson would not have caught that ball.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Can we at least wonder why his velocity is down by about 5 mph compared with last season?

Anyone see a radar gun on Freddy during the WBC?

He looked fine. Just like he did for much of the spring. Maybe this is his dead arm period....

But IMHO, and I stress this is my opinion, I just htink he sucks and won't help us get to the World Series that we wnat so badly.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
just checked my magic 8 ball. It's got Cleveland's pen giving up the lead, topped off by wickman giving up a game winning granny to Thome.

all sources point to yes

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
He looked fine. Just like he did for much of the spring. Maybe this is his dead arm period....

Jphat....he didn't look fine. He was throwing weak fastballs to the plate and rolling offspeed pitches. Not only that, but he was completely slowing down his motion on his change-up.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Jphat....he didn't look fine.  He was throwing weak fastballs to the plate and rolling offspeed pitches.  Not only that, but he was completely slowing down his motion on his change-up.

I was talking about the WBC , which is what I was responding to.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
Jphat....he didn't look fine.  He was throwing weak fastballs to the plate and rolling offspeed pitches.  Not only that, but he was completely slowing down his motion on his change-up.

They were lucky to find the holes still.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
They were lucky to find the holes still.

Who said anything about luck?

Maybe we need to look closer? Anybody see anything about luck? I saw something about Cleveland having good hitters. Anybody seen the convo on luck?

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)

But IMHO, and I stress this is my opinion, I just htink he sucks and won't help us get to the World Series that we wnat so badly.

I seem to remember him "Looking fine" also...just cant' recall what he was hitting on the radar gun then.

I wonder if pitching in the WBC threw off his conditioning enough that his arm just isn't there yet. That was one of my worries with these pitchers. Come out and throw too hard too soon, arm comes back a little too sore, you don't get to work out the soreness in the spring like you normally do, and suddenly the season starts and your fastball's running slow.