Sox vs. Indians: 4/4 Game Thread

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
can someone tell me the purpose of a post like this?

I'm showing my support for Aaron Boone. Again I am not here to start crap, I run a Tribe site of my own and I see about 10 sox fans joined it.

Boone struck out anyways.. 4 for 5 is still good!

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
I have no problem with another team's fan on this site, but I'm not really a fan of this type of cheerleading.  Just my opinion.

agreed 100% ...the only reason to outwardly cheerlead on a whitesox website is to agitate teh people on that message board...if thats not trolling, i dont know what is

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
By that, I meant that all I'm hearing is people saying how we have to win tomorrow so that we win this series.  Sure, that would be great.  However, our season won't be over if we go 1 and 2 in the first 3 games of the season.

No, it's not a must win by any stretch seeing as how baseball is a 162 game season. It would be very nice to start a trend by winning serieses as that's what enabled last year's team to go wire to wire.

On Jenks, I thought DJ said the first fastball was at 95?

Initial impression on Jenks.....at least he threw strikes. His offspeed pitch isn't close to what it was last year, and he obviously hasn't found his heater yet. It's going to take him some time to get his stuff back, but hopefully he gets the heater and hook working sooner than later.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
The gun on the screen has been right all game, so I doubt it was 10 mph off for the first pitch by Jenks.

Well, if Hawk & DJ said 95...the CSN gun definately read 89 on that first pitch. So what does that mean the later pitches that the CSN gun clocked at 93-95 were? (And I note that the CSN gun didn't display 1/2 of bobby's pitches)

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
By that, I meant that all I'm hearing is people saying how we have to win tomorrow so that we win this series.  Sure, that would be great.  However, our season won't be over if we go 1 and 2 in the first 3 games of the season.

Of course not, we play Kansas City next :lol: . And of course, you can make up for losing a series by winning a couple after that.

As for Jenks, i'm not nearly as worried about him. He's a kid and can build the velocity back. Not nearly as easy for a guy like Freddy who has thrown so many innings already in his career.

Personally I don't mind the Indians fan if he talks baseball. To me that means talking baseball, not cheerleading, because that will agitate people. The other thing is, half of his posts were defending himself, tweaking Abe Froman, and insisting he wasn't here to start trouble.

He should just talk baseball and ignore the potshots ... ha ... like this one I guess.

:bang

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Well, if Hawk & DJ said 95...the CSN gun definately read 89 on that first pitch.  So what does that mean the later pitches that the CSN gun clocked at 93-95 were?  (And I note that the CSN gun didn't display 1/2 of bobby's pitches)

Yeah, I think that Jenks reached 95 mph once. You could tell he had no clue where his offspeed pitch was going.