Heads22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
our starting pitching has been terrible so far

We're facing a superior hitting team who matches up well with our pitchers (even though they dominated them for the most part last year in terrible hitting conditions). Look around baseball.....a lot of starters suck so far.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
It doesn't look fine........

thank the lord this inning is over

His stuff is fine. He's just got to get it over, find his rythem. 2-0 isn't horrible considering he was horrendous that inning. Time for someone to get on base and Thome to blast one.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 12:26 PM)
Buehrle wasn't terrible. Garcia fell apart for a game.

Contreras was a mixture of squeeze and THEN getting edgy. I think Contreras and Buehrle are fine. I wonder what's wrong with Garcia.

MB gave up 3 runs in 4 innings.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
We're facing a superior hitting team who matches up well with our pitchers (even though they dominated them for the most part last year in terrible hitting conditions).  Look around baseball.....a lot of starters suck so far.

A lot of times the pitching takes a while to catch up to the hitting. Happens at the beginning of almost every season through out the league.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
I think Garcia has the old "dead arm" maybe from going hard at the WBC then cutting back.  I think he will be fine.  I also think we win this game.

What was he throwing at the WBC, speed-wise?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
Pods is going to be the wipping boy this season.

If he goes for the fences, sure he will be.

What makes him dangerous is to get on base, and to create havoc. We have more than enough guys to hit the dong.

In his rookie season he got on base, his 2nd season he got homer happy trying to do too much everything suffered. Last year he got back to getting on base, hopefully this year is not the year of Pods trying to hit the dong.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
That pitch Buehrle gave up the homer on was a BP fastball to a good hitter vs. lefties.

It looked to me like a pretty decent slider on the inner half that ended up leaving.