Sox vs. Indians - 4/5 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
I'd take Michaels over Pods any day.  And I wouldn't say he's unknown. :ph34r:

Ummm no. Unbelievable the bandwagoning going on here within the first couple games. I'm sure everyone will be back to bowing down to him when he gets his 4 sb game. But yeah, go ahead and blame these past 2 games on Pods.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Um if we went with a righty against Michaels, you then have a righty versus Hafner?

You gotta pick your poison and Cotts v Michaels was a match up Cotts needs to win.

You play for the win. If Jenks does his job, and gets the 2 righties out, the inning is over.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Ummm no.  Unbelievable the bandwagoning going on here within the first couple games.  I'm sure everyone will be back to bowing down to him when he gets his 4 sb game.  But yeah, go ahead and blame these past 2 games on Pods.

Trust me when I say that the first 3 games of this season doesn't change the way I view Pods. I'm just grateful that he did great in the postseason.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
Um if we went with a righty against Michaels, you then have a righty versus Hafner?

You gotta pick your poison and Cotts v Michaels was a match up Cotts needs to win.

Disagree there, you do the same thing they actually did with Hafner. You give him the IBB and create the force. His walk there would be inconsequential (assuming that Michaels gets out) and would get the rookie (who can not be subbed out, I believe he is their only catcher left) up with two outs and righty righty matchup with our closer. Oh well, sometimes you just miss situations. Its early in the year for everyone, including the manager

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Ummm no.  Unbelievable the bandwagoning going on here within the first couple games.  I'm sure everyone will be back to bowing down to him when he gets his 4 sb game.  But yeah, go ahead and blame these past 2 games on Pods.

To be fair to fathom, he's never liked pods. I totally disagree with him but he's had the same opinion about scotty since day 1.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
these are the noises i've been making in case anyone wanted to love me

SNAKES ON A PLANE!

yea.. Bobby is struggling with his control.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)

our leadoff man is 0-12 ... LEADOFF...

gimme a break...

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
Earlier in the game, Ozzie had Iguchi lay down a sac bunt.  So Wedge just IBB'ed Thome to get to Konerko.  And then Konerko GIDP'ed.  That was Dusty-esque.

Yeah all that has to happen in that situation is Paulie to stay out of the GIDP and move pays off. Anything except the GIDP puts the sox ahead in that situation, but they made the worst possible outcome. Not really outmanage, just bad execution and bad luck really.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
Trust me when I say that the first 3 games of this season doesn't change the way I view Pods.  I'm just grateful that he did great in the postseason.

The guy saw what, 10 AB this spring?? If anything, Konerko has left the most people stranded.