Sox vs. Indians - 4/5 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
Indians are playing pretty good baseball.

They're also a damn good team. Going into this year, they have just as good a chance as anyone in our division to win it. It will be interesting to see if their guys take another leap this year (like Perralta, Sizemore, etc.).

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
anyone else besides me already think ozzie is playing his bench too much?

I thought it all year the last 2 years, but it seems to be trying to find that rhythm where he keeps everybody fresh and gets his bench players enough games to not be cold when they are called upon to play. I wasn't too sure how much I liked how he does it, but with as good and fresh we looked the last week of September and into October last year, I'm going to trust Ozzie on this one.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
anyone else besides me already think ozzie is playing his bench too much?

nope...

crede is sick

dye is out for some good reason

thats why ozuna started and mack is out there in the 2nd inning. remember, ozzie mak de fuking lineups

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
It appears we don't have much of a choice today.

I don't know why anyone is surprised. This is the way that Ozzie manages...and he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

How come I have a feeling like people will be jumping off the ledge if we lost 2 of our first 3 games?

The thing to remember about Cleveland is one of their big keys is what they got out of the bottom of their rotation in Byrd and Johnson, which on paper doesn't look very impressive, and we got to see neither this series. Not to mention that now Sabathia is going to be injured for a while, so we'll see how their rotation holds up. And of course their is also the issue of bullpen depth that they have (as do we of course).

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
I don't know why anyone is surprised.  This is the way that Ozzie manages...and he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

How come I have a feeling like people will be jumping off the ledge if we lost 2 of our first 3 games?

We should probably just move game threads to the Filibuster.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
The thing to remember about Cleveland is one of their big keys is what they got out of the bottom of their rotation in Byrd and Johnson, which on paper doesn't look very impressive, and we got to see neither this series.  Not to mention that now Sabathia is going to be injured for a while, so we'll see how their rotation holds up.  And of course their is also the issue of bullpen depth that they have (as do we of course).

Most teams would love to have those two guys at the bottom of their rotation. Who's to say that they won't be better than our bottom 2 (possibly Garland and Garcia)?

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
Most teams would love to have those two guys at the bottom of their rotation.  Who's to say that they won't be better than our bottom 2 (possibly Garland and Garcia)?

If Garcia isn't throwing 85 all year, Garcia and Garland is way way better than Johnson and Byrd. Byrd pitches well against us, but is overall an average pitcher and Johnson isn't much of anything at all. Would most teams like those 2 as their 4 and 5? Yes, but if our staff pitches like it can our 4 and 5 blows away Cleveland's.