Sox vs. Indians - 4/5 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
Why would my stance have changed since the last time we discussed this? Pods was awesome in the playoffs, which is the only thing that has happened since then.

I was just wondering if there was a change of heart. :cheers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Do you work with annoying ass Cubs fans?  If you do, then I think you know why I hate them even more.

No, I go to school with them. :)

But this is why they don't matter anymore. They did before, but the argument died when we won it all. However it could come back if the Cubs were to make the playoffs and do something, which is why once October comes around I'd root against the Cubs if they still are alive.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
No, I go to school with them. :)

But this is why they don't matter anymore.  They did before, but the argument died when we won it all.  However it could come back if the Cubs were to make the playoffs and do something, which is why once October comes around I'd root against the Cubs if they still are alive.

I completely agree with that stance, but I'd rather they just not make the playoffs at all. Thus, it's never too early for them to start losing, especially to pathetic pitching teams like the Reds.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
Do you work with annoying ass Cubs fans?  If you do, then I think you know why I hate them even more.

I work with a boatload of cub fans they were bragging about Monday's game and I asked if they were playing ST. Mary's school of the blind or St. Helens school of the mentally challenged.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
I completely agree with that stance, but I'd rather they just not make the playoffs at all.  Thus, it's never too early for them to start losing, especially to pathetic pitching teams like the Reds.

Fair enough. :)

And I want to see these Pods vs. Crisp/Sizemore leadoff man/player debates. I don't know how you could argue for Pods in those debates.

HELL OF A JOB BY COUNT TO GET OUT OF THAT WITH NO DAMAGE!! 1st and 2nd 0 out for 3 of the best hitters in the division and he gets them all. Well done.

B-Mac was getting warm in the pen btw, he might come in for the 6th with Count's workload today. COME ON BATS!

Sizemore may not have the speed of Podsednik but he is a better overall hitter and scores more runs as a leadoff man due to his extra-base hit power. He also plays better defense at a tougher position (CF). Sizemore is a much better player than Podsednik and a better leadoff hitter. There is really no contest.

Sizemore will be a great player for the Indians for a long time. It would be sweet if Anderson turns into a similar player.