Sox vs. Indians - 4/5 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Mike,

Cotts was a starter who was converted into a reliever.  He was in the majors for a few years before he made it to the back of the pen.  Marte was the guy being tossed in the fire last year, Cotts was used in the 6th and 7th before pitching his way into the back of the pen when Marte failed. 

McCarthy was a starter.  He didnt relieve until 2 2 hit games against boston and texas.  Then he came in to mop up after El Duque got rocked.

I remember early last year when Cotts was being thrown into pressure situations and everyone was complaining that we should be using Marte. This was back before Neal Cotts was cool...

I also seem to remember Brandon being called up and facing the Cubs in him MLB debut, and then also being thrown to the fire for the make up game in Boston with only about half of the starters behind him.

Good call, I like the idea of a pinch hitter here Ozz. And if Anderson is out I'd think hard about PH him, but at the same time I'd also think hard about what it says to your youngster by doing that.

Anderson has had two straight AB's with a big no no, going down looking with runners on.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Steal with Juan. Test Martinez. I doubt he will even throw.

Has anybody seen Neal warm up? Is he available?

That would be awful. Juan doesn't get good jumps. I have no problem with being agressive, but you got to pick and choose the situation and doing it now, this late in the game would be a poor move, imo.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
Steal with Juan. Test Martinez. I doubt he will even throw.

Has anybody seen Neal warm up? Is he available?

With 1 out...no, Martinez probably wouldn't throw...but we have AJ on 3rd, and he's not exactly going to be the best guy to come home on the throw.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
That would be awful.  Juan doesn't get good jumps.  I have no problem with being agressive, but you got to pick and choose the situation and doing it now, this late in the game would be a poor move, imo.

double steal?

Very good game so far. Lee had it going but nearly made this thing a blowout in the Sox's favor. Kudos to the tribe pen for keeping it close.

Sox offense is so clutch, thats why they are so tough IMHO...

This MOTA-CINTRON matchup should be a good one. Both from the National League... I'm sure they faced eachother before.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
That would be awful.  Juan doesn't get good jumps.  I have no problem with being agressive, but you got to pick and choose the situation and doing it now, this late in the game would be a poor move, imo.

Don't let Juan get far off first base, period. I love the guy but he's just a horrendous base runner.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
With 1 out...no, Martinez probably wouldn't throw...but we have AJ on 3rd, and he's not exactly going to be the best guy to come home on the throw.

I wanted to stay out of the DP.

QUOTE(rventura23 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
how bout those tigers 14-2

yeah they can hit, but honestly the royals have the worst pitching staff, mays threw and was awful, i was followin that game for fantasy reasons