Bonds on Bonds

The Critic

Oh MAN, what a festival of self-love THIS show is.

If Bonds did this show to try to "humanize" himself to non-fans.....it's not working.

Arrogance is basically a reflex for him, an instinct.

I realize that many great players have a certain level of arrogance, but this guy is SO over-the-top.

...I gotta say, though, that I'll be watching this show every week. And I'll wonder why I watch it every week. But I'll keep watching.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
I watched the first 30 minutes, had to turn it off after that. I just couldn't take another second of him. He is absolutely intolerable.

Disagree, Bonds is the man

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
Disagree, Bonds is the man

Wow, uh, yea, sure.

If being an arrogant, insecure, cheating, snide asshole punk is being the man, then yeah, he's the man.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Wow, uh, yea, sure.

If being an arrogant, insecure, cheating, snide asshole punk is being the man, then yeah, he's the man.

Thats just your opinion on him. I fail to see where he has "cheated". There is no proof.

Most of you are just pissed that hes the greatest player to ever play the game and use that as a scapegoat to make yourself feel better about it.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
Thats just your opinion on him. I fail to see where he has "cheated". There is no proof.

Most of you are just pissed that hes the greatest player to ever play the game and use that as a scapegoat to make yourself feel better about it.

why were you banned again???

jesus... thats like asking for a flame war dude...

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:09 PM)
why were you banned again???

jesus... thats like asking for a flame war dude...

Why because people THINK that he has taken steroids?

I should be banned for liking someone and not agreeing with other people? Makes sense..

Where is the failed test? There is none, and you know they have tested his ass on more than one occasion..

I should be banned for liking someone and not agreeing with other people? Makes sense..

Where is the failed test? There is none, and you know they have tested his ass on more than one occasion..

Bonds' leaked grand jury testimony is good enough for me. :huh

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)

dude have you read that excerpt from Game of Shadows in SI? if not you should. he's a horrible person who needed to "be the best" whatever means necessary. He pumped himself up so full of HGH and all those others that he'll probably go the same route as Caminiti.

He also had a way to avoid having his tests come out positive... again... in SI...

Look at the numbers, look at his head, look at his body, it's OBVIOUS.

i dont know what there is to even like about the guy at all... even if he didnt cheat i'd still not want him to break the records, he's a f***in jag.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
dude have you read that excerpt from Game of Shadows in SI? if not you should.  he's a horrible person who needed to "be the best" whatever means necessary.  He pumped himself up so full of HGH and all those others that he'll probably go the same route as Caminiti.

He also had a way to avoid having his tests come out positive... again... in SI...

Look at the numbers, look at his head, look at his body, it's OBVIOUS. 

i dont know what there is to even like about the guy at all... even if he didnt cheat i'd still not want him to break the records, he's a f***in jag.

Like I said, thats your own opinion..

If he fails a test, I will be the first one on here eating crow about it.. Feel free to blast me all you want, thats fine, but I dont agree with everyone elses opinion..

I dont need to read excerpts about people who write for a news paper claiming Bonds has taken steroids. There is no failed test, there is no proof aside from saying "Well he hits a lot of home runs and is big, hes on steroids"

Thats all it ever is anymore.. Someone doesnt do good, they must be off steroids.. Someone does good, they must be on steroids..

Did it ever occur to anyone that 20+ years of personal training, growing, weight lifting, supplements.. The guys job is to take care of his body year round, has been for decades.. Its not as impossible as you make it seem

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
Like I said, thats your own opinion..

If he fails a test, I will be the first one on here eating crow about it.. Feel free to blast me all you want, thats fine, but I dont agree with everyone elses opinion..

I dont need to read excerpts about people who write for a news paper claiming Bonds has taken steroids. There is no failed test, there is no proof aside from saying "Well he hits a lot of home runs and is big, hes on steroids"

Thats all it ever is anymore.. Someone doesnt do good, they must be off steroids.. Someone does good, they must be on steroids..

Did it ever occur to anyone that 20+ years of personal training, growing, weight lifting, supplements.. The guys job is to take care of his body year round, has been for decades.. Its not as impossible as you make it seem

to add that much bulk when you're in your upper 30s just through doing the same things as EVERYONE ELSE and to be in better shape at 41 than when you were 21 is not naturally possible...

but see heres my point - there IS proof in Game of Shadows. thats why its such a huge f***ing deal. ok, and if you dont want to call it proof, it's the next closest thing to bonds just saying he took steroids. if you want to make informed opinions you should have all the information about a subject...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
to add that much bulk when you're in your upper 30s just through doing the same things as EVERYONE ELSE and to be in better shape at 41 than when you were 21 is not naturally possible...

but see heres my point - there IS proof in Game of Shadows.  thats why its such a huge f***ing deal.  ok, and if you dont want to call it proof, it's the next closest thing to bonds just saying he took steroids.  if you want to make informed opinions you should have all the information about a subject...

I do have all the information, there is no failed test, and there is no PROOF that Bonds has taken steroids or he would have been suspended or banned from the league. There is a reason neither of those things have happened, they cant proove anything.. Like I said, if it comes out to be true and Bonds is PROVEN to have taken steroids I will gladly eat crow and you can flame me all you want..

The only person who knows 100% about it is Barry Bonds.. but I guess admitting to taking steroids is far worse than lying to a grand jury, losing everything, and going to Prison..

EDIT: Also, there are plenty of people that are in better shape now then they were in their early 20's.. You cant just assume that everyone is doing the same thing, people do work harder than other people..

Edited by T R U

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
I do have all the information, there is no failed test, and there is no PROOF that Bonds has taken steroids or he would have been suspended or banned from the league. There is a reason neither of those things have happened, they cant proove anything.. Like I said, if it comes out to be true and Bonds is PROVEN to have taken steroids I will gladly eat crow and you can flame me all you want..

The only person who knows 100% about it is Barry Bonds.. but I guess admitting to taking steroids is far worse than lying to a grand jury, losing everything, and going to Prison..

EDIT: Also, there are plenty of people that are in better shape now then they were in their early 20's.. You cant just assume that everyone is doing the same thing, people do work harder than other people..

out of pure curiosity what do you think about sammy and mark mcgwire?

I have a question. I have not yet read the Game of Shadows excerpt, but I assume it's the same SF Chronicle guys just going on and on about the Balco case and trying to put 2 and 2 together(Yet making it sound definitive). Is this right?

Anyways, I just don't get why Conti would lie about all this then. Why does he continually defend Bonds(and others) now? He would have nothing to lose and millions of dollars to gain if he just simply said a word about him. But he doesn't. Just a bit odd to me.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
out of pure curiosity what do you think about sammy and mark mcgwire?

I dont know about Sammy, but Mcguire couldnt even say that he hadnt taken them.. he refused to talk about it all together, so its going to raise question marks..

If your gonna be man enough to step up and say that you have never taken steroids then I am not gonna hold it against them.. however if a failed test show up, youve not only just ruined your career, but you have lost a tremdous amount of respect.. Its a serious issue, thats why I refuse to believe that Bonds has taken steroids until its 100% proof

He is putting so much on the line for what? To protect his career? If he lied to the jury he could go to jail, lose everything.. Hed be away from his family for who knows how long.. I just think there is way too big of a risk involved with just flat out lying about it to protect your career

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)

Bonds has never been tested for HGH, which is what he has been accused of taking since MLB instituting testing in 2003. He also was never tested for things like Winstrol when he was supposedly on that,(which he was accused of taking in the years immediately following Mac/Sosas HR chases). Of course he has never tested positive, because what he is taking is always one step ahead of the testing program. He could still be taking HGH to this day and he STILL wouldn't have a positive test. The no positive test arguement is a straw man.