Bonds on Bonds

The Critic

What a spoiled immature piece of crap, how many times did he talk about killing people if legal and I could kill you s*** over and over he has MANY mental issues, he needs to talk and fess up what he did or did not do and answer the steroid question. :finger Bonds

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 08:15 AM)
What a spoiled immature piece of crap, how many times did he talk about killing people if legal and I could kill you s*** over and over he has MANY mental issues, he needs to talk and fess up what he did or did not do and answer the steroid question. :finger Bonds

But that would take some integrity.

Didn't watch the show, but saw some of the "highlights". I find it really sad that he's playing the race card (this is the same guy who told Kittle that he "doesn't sign [autographs] for white people"). Sadly, I'm sure that he's received a few racist letters from a few white supremacist wackos. But for him to suggest that he's going through what, say, Jackie Robinson went through in the '40s and '50s is completely asinine. It's an insult to Robinson, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, and other minorities who experienced REAL racism years ago. :headshake

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 06:53 PM)
I dont know about Sammy, but Mcguire couldnt even say that he hadnt taken them.. he refused to talk about it all together, so its going to raise question marks..

If your gonna be man enough to step up and say that you have never taken steroids then I am not gonna hold it against them.. however if a failed test show up, youve not only just ruined your career, but you have lost a tremdous amount of respect.. Its a serious issue, thats why I refuse to believe that Bonds has taken steroids until its 100% proof

He is putting so much on the line for what? To protect his career? If he lied to the jury he could go to jail, lose everything.. Hed be away from his family for who knows how long.. I just think there is way too big of a risk involved with just flat out lying about it to protect your career

Ok...so let me ask you this in reply...

Let's say you're a police detective. You head out one morning to a rather grisly crime scene. Murder. Someone shot several times. You find the gun lying on the ground. The gun is owned by a guy, let's call him Fred. You check into Fred, and find that he lives 50 miles away, but the night of the crime Fred filled up his car at a gas station 2 miles from the crime scene. You take fingerprints off the gun, and Fred's are the only one on it. Let's also assume Fred knows the victim somehow, and that his alibi was being at home alone after driving back from some mall (which is why he was at the gas station).

No one saw Fred do the shooting, nor is there video or DNA which would prove 100% that he was the killer. Fred proclaims his innocence. Do you believe Fred? Simple question here...without a direct, 100% witness, or incontrovertible proof...are you willing to convict a person based entirely on circumstantial evidence?

I don't have Bonds having taken a positive test. But I do have a metric ton of circumstantial evidence. I would vote to convict Fred if I were on that jury and I was presented with that case. That's about how I view the Bonds case. I didn't stick the needle in his ass myself, and i haven't seen a positive test, but given all the other evidence in the case, I'd vote to convict.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
Thats just your opinion on him. I fail to see where he has "cheated". There is no proof.

Um, so admitting to using steroids in his grand jury testimony isn't "proof"? :huh

I agree that Bonds is "The Man". He was "The Man" even before he started using. He was a lock for Cooperstown a decade ago and it's a damn shame that he had to tarnish his career in this way. :headshake

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
Most of you are just pissed that hes the greatest player to ever play the game and use that as a scapegoat to make yourself feel better about it.

Well, there is a reason people don't like him. He's obviously the best player I've ever seen but he's an ass and a cheater. I'd have no problem with Bonds if he wasn't a roided up, arrogant freak.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
Well, there is a reason people don't like him.  He's obviously the best player I've ever seen but he's an ass and a cheater.  I'd have no problem with Bonds if he wasn't a roided up, arrogant freak.

I have no problems with him being an ass either. I can happily cheer for people who are asses, even if I'm not a huge fan of them. (See: Albert Belle.)

I have problems with him being a cheater and a lawbreaker.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
I have no problems with him being an ass either.  I can happily cheer for people who are asses, even if I'm not a huge fan of them.  (See:  Albert Belle.)

I can stand jerks like Belle, but Bonds is a blatant racist as well. No way I root for somebody like that.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)
Ok...so let me ask you this in reply...

Let's say you're a police detective.  You head out one morning to a rather grisly crime scene.  Murder.  Someone shot several times.  You find the gun lying on the ground.  The gun is owned by a guy, let's call him Fred.  You check into Fred, and find that he lives 50 miles away, but the night of the crime Fred filled up his car at a gas station 2 miles from the crime scene.  You take fingerprints off the gun, and Fred's are the only one on it.  Let's also assume Fred knows the victim somehow, and that his alibi was being at home alone after driving back from some mall (which is why he was at the gas station).

No one saw Fred do the shooting, nor is there video or DNA which would prove 100% that he was the killer.  Fred proclaims his innocence.  Do you believe Fred?  Simple question here...without a direct, 100% witness, or incontrovertible proof...are you willing to convict a person based entirely on circumstantial evidence?

I don't have Bonds having taken a positive test.  But I do have a metric ton of circumstantial evidence.  I would vote to convict Fred if I were on that jury and I was presented with that case.  That's about how I view the Bonds case.  I didn't stick the needle in his ass myself, and i haven't seen a positive test, but given all the other evidence in the case, I'd vote to convict.

Someone could have easily had it out for Fred, got a hold of his gun with some latex gloves on and shot this person in an attempt to put Fred away..

If there was no DNA or any physical proof I dont think you can sentance someone to life in prison for something you dont even know if he did. If Fred proclaims innocent then he is innocent until proven guilty.

Also, yeah Bonds is an ass but he has the right to be that way. What if you had worked hard all your life to accomplish what he has and have everyone hate you because they THINK youve taken steroids? Everyone treats him like s***, ide be an asshole too if it was like that..

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
Someone could have easily had it out for Fred, got a hold of his gun with some latex gloves on and shot this person in an attempt to put Fred away..

If there was no DNA or any physical proof I dont think you can sentance someone to life in prison for something you dont even know if he did. If Fred proclaims innocent then he is innocent until proven guilty.

Also, yeah Bonds is an ass but he has the right to be that way. What if you had worked hard all your life to accomplish what he has and have everyone hate you because they THINK youve taken steroids? Everyone treats him like s***, ide be an asshole too if it was like that..

Bonds has been like this since the beginning of his Pittsburgh days though.

Just because there is no proof Bonds didn't use doesn't mean he never used.

That is the worst argument ever.

So pretty much what you are saying is that since there is no positive test (this would be for any player in MLB) that no one ever took steroids.

Yea, makes a lot of sense.

Maybe one day in your education you will take a logic class.

Bonds took, everyone knows it. It's pretty much a joke for you to say that since there is no test that he didn't. He is just about the most hated athlete on the planet and once the MLB investigation is done I am guessing he will be suspended.

I guess grand jury testimony and 200 sources don't hold as much water as Bonds' so called "word."

f*** you Barry, you're a piece of s***.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
Just because there is no proof Bonds didn't use doesn't mean he never used.

That is the worst argument ever.

So pretty much what you are saying is that since there is no positive test (this would be for any player in MLB) that no one ever took steroids.

Yea, makes a lot of sense.

Maybe one day in your education you will take a logic class.

Bonds took, everyone knows it.  It's pretty much a joke for you to say that since there is no test that he didn't.  He is just about the most hated athlete on the planet and once the MLB investigation is done I am guessing he will be suspended.

I guess grand jury testimony and 200 sources don't hold as much water as Bonds' so called "word."

f*** you Barry, you're a piece of s***.

No one said you had to like him, believe he took steroids all you want.. I really dont care what your opinion is on it.. it makes sense to me and thats all that really matters

No Im not saying that if there is no failed test then they have never taken steroids.. but if there is no failed test you cant prove s***

Just because my "logic" isnt the same as yours doesnt mean im wrong

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
No one said you had to like him, believe he took steroids all you want.. I really dont care what your opinion is on it.. it makes sense to me and thats all that really matters

No Im not saying that if there is no failed test then they have never taken steroids.. but if there is no failed test you cant prove s***

Just because my "logic" isnt the same as yours doesnt mean im wrong

ok so what about the grand jury testimony... that was right out of bonds' mouth...