I'm not a jewelry aficionado or anything...

Wanne

Not to take away what it stands for...but it looks too "class-ringy" for my tastes.

22776744.jpg

Here's some past ones. I just think some of the current past ones have more "bling"...except that god-awful Pimp-Meister Marlins one. I like the square look better. I know some will start rippin about this thread...I'm not b****ing about the rings...honest...I just think it could have been a little stronger. So Jerry had his wife design them?!?...his dime I guess. Personally...I think the Angels ones are nice. Again...just a personal preference to my tastes....not like I wouldn't kill to have one though!

1121268093_5614.jpg 2003WorldSeriesRing_small.jpg Angels.jpg 3103_1_lg.jpg 20050220_ny_ws_ring_1.jpg

Jerry said that he wanted a ring that they could wear and still be classy. This ring does that. Those other rings are to "thungish". I absoulutly love the ring, it is something all of the players can wear. Can you see Cliff wearing a design like the Marlins one LOL

It dont mean a thing....without that bling.

I dont care if it looks class-ringy, that thing has more diamonds in it than any class ring not in the LA area. I think the Onyx really makes the Sox logo look classy with the inset diamonds. In fact, after looking at the other designs, I think that the Sox picked the least gaudy and tacky of all of them.

I like it a lot.

ringtop0405.jpg

ringleft0405.jpg ringright0405.jpg

Facts about the White Sox' 2005 World Series rings:

• The design, featuring the Sox logo in diamonds on a black onyx stone, was the work of Martyl Reinsdorf, wife of Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf. She also designed five of the six Bulls championship rings.

• A total of 432 rings and 163 pendants were made for Sox players, their wives, staff and employees. Recipients also included Sox Hall of Famers Luis Aparicio and Carlton Fisk and the families of past team owners, including Charles Comiskey, John Allyn and Mary Frances Veeck.

• The cost of the rings was not disclosed. Major League Baseball contributes a minimum of $1,500 toward each ring but puts no maximum on what can be spent by clubs.

• The rings and pendants are made of 14-carat yellow gold with a 14-carat white gold insert. Each ring and pendant contains 95 diamonds of varying sizes equaling two carats. Each is personalized and required a separate mold for each name.

• The rings were produced by Josten's in Princeton, Ill., the company that also made five of the six Bulls championship rings.

• The total carat weight in gold for all the jewelry is 55 pounds. A total of 56,000 diamonds were used, weighing a total of 1,300 carats, or nine ounces. The total weight of the black onyx is 2.23 pounds.

I love the way it looks too. I think its very classy, as opposed to the other pictures. Those other rings look like some s*** Little John would wear in a video, with his matching chalice, yelling, "OHHHHKAAAAAYYYY."

The onyx is simple but very effective and the diamonds look sweet. I think they did the right thing with the design.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 07:45 AM)
I liked the rings.  I would have preferred platinum, but that will do.

I would have prefered plat also.

56: I have a habit of being in the right place at the right time. ;)

LMB: It does look "eggy" now that you mentioned it, but in the flesh there's nothing "chicky" about it :lol:. It's actually more flat on the finger then it looks, and it is way heavy.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 08:00 AM)

56: I have a habit of being in the right place at the right time.  ;)

LMB: It does look "eggy" now that you mentioned it, but in the flesh there's nothing "chicky" about it  :lol:. It's actually more flat on the finger then it looks, and it is way heavy.

Very cool, Steff. Glad you have that knack.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:00 AM)

56: I have a habit of being in the right place at the right time.  ;)

LMB: It does look "eggy" now that you mentioned it, but in the flesh there's nothing "chicky" about it  :lol:. It's actually more flat on the finger then it looks, and it is way heavy.

Maybe it's because I saw it on a female's hand that it looked kinda feminine. :huh

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
I liked the rings.  I would have preferred platinum, but that will do.

400+ platinum and diamond rings would have been a bit expensive...

I think white gold would have done the trick to go along better with the team colors.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)
if I were going to be critical in any way, it would be that it's kinda egg shaped and the curves or lack of edges make it look more feminine than masculine.

Yeah, that's the only criticism I'd have of it. I just have this presumption that substantial men's rings should be square. O/w very nice.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
400+ platinum and diamond rings would have been a bit expensive...

I think white gold would have done the trick to go along better with the team colors.

Supposedly they made 432 of these, and the estimated cost is about $20,000 a piece...so we're still talking like $860,000 that was spent on them.