Anyone know

Steff

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:16 AM)
If there's a sports memorabilia store at North Riverside or Oakbrook Mall...? I don't know the name of any of them so I can't look them up in the yellow pages.

TIA.

Steff

There is a JCJ Memorabilia listed in teh Oak Brook Center directory (there's also one in Northbrook I think), but no phone number,

http://www.oakbrookcenter.com/html/storedirectory.asp

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:29 AM)
There is a JCJ Memorabilia listed in teh Oak Brook Center directory (there's also one in Northbrook I think), but no phone number,

http://www.oakbrookcenter.com/html/storedirectory.asp

Ugh..that store is the type of place that sells memorbilia for ridiculous prices. I'm talking like $400 for a Cal Ripken signed baseball and stuff like that. I loathe stores that mark-up memorabilia like that but I guess if people actually buy the stuff more power to them.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
Ugh..that store is the type of place that sells memorbilia for ridiculous prices. I'm talking like $400 for a Cal Ripken signed baseball and stuff like that. I loathe stores that mark-up memorabilia like that but I guess if people actually buy the stuff more power to them.

Any other places you know of G..?

BTW, yes on the buzzkill last night. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)
Any other places you know of G..?

BTW, yes on the buzzkill last night.  :lolhitting

Not off hand, I do know a guy who worked for a big supplier but this was a few years back and I have kinda lost contact with him. My card show days are way over.

What are you looking for, I kinda have a knack for finding stuff...

Things are usually a little cheaper if you buy direct from steiner sports or one of the other credible companies as most of the stores in the mall buy off of them and then mark it up higher.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:48 AM)
Not off hand, I do know a guy who worked for a big supplier but this was a few years back and I have kinda lost contact with him. My card show days are way over.

What are you looking for, I kinda have a knack for finding stuff...

Things are usually a little cheaper if you buy direct from steiner sports or one of the other credible companies as most of the stores in the mall buy off of them and then mark it up higher.

I need something today, so I'm kind of in a bind. I got some stuff signed on Tuesday, but I want to get one or two more things. It's for an AMSA charity auction that benefits the AMSA'S Institute Scholarship Program and the event is tomorrow night.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 09:53 AM)
I need something today, so I'm kind of in a bind. I got some stuff signed on Tuesday, but I want to get one or two more things. It's for an AMSA charity auction that benefits the AMSA'S Institute Scholarship Program and the event is tomorrow night.

Sounds cool...looks like you might be stuck. Hopefully they have some decent bargains over at Oak Brook Mall (if that is possible). At least you know they will be framed nice. :P A few years ago memorabilia and collectibles were a lot easier to obtain, nowadays the market has dried up and so has the number of suppliers.

On a whim I asked the Sox - you're supposed to sumbit charity requests weeks in advance - and they stepped up. Once again proving that this club is just the absolute best when it comes to helping out the community in any way they can.

:headbang

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
On a whim I asked the Sox - you're supposed to sumbit charity requests weeks in advance - and they stepped up. Once again proving that this club is just the absolute best when it comes to helping out the community in any way they can.

:headbang

Awesome, good deal