AL Central Central

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Jermaine Dye's first 1/4th of the '05 season .197/.240/.369

MAYBE IF I YELL I'LL LOOK SMARTER

I would love to hear why a 30 year old career bench player is being compared to two former all-stars who have pretty much played FULL TIME in their baseball careers. Please enlighten me.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
There seems to be confusion here. Santo=Dorf, GHC isn't saying that Michels is Jermaine Dye, but he is saying to say he's a bust already is stupid, which it is.  And compared to Dye and Konerko in early 2005, Michels is hitting like a hall of famer.

Uhhh, I've been saying since the offseason that putting a 30 year old career bench player in an everyday role was a bad idea. I believe it was 3E8 who responded with "well if he can do it over a part time why can't he do it over a full season?"

I wonder what Konerko's and Dye's numbers would look like if they were in a role where they got to sit against tough right handers and face mostly LHP.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
I wonder what Konerko's and Dye's numbers would look like if they were in a role where they got to sit against tough right handers and face mostly LHP.

You act like Michaels sucks against righties. He's nothing special , but not terrible -- .274/.356/.405.

Less than a month of ABs... I'm sure Shapiro is ready to pull the trigger on a deal for a new LFer.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
I was watching that game in the 8th inning (Sox were on a station break).  Sweeney came up with 2 outs and 2 men on against Rincon, and I'm sitting there saying "if this was a White Sox pitcher, this ball leaves the park.  He hit it almost to the warning track.  How do you guys get so lucky as to not have that guy murder you?

Mike Sweeney is the Royals version of Jim Thome against Twins pitching. A guy who always does well

but last night he was 0-1

and FOUR walks

the other Royals could not hit him around

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
Ben Broussard just hit a grand slam against Josh Beckett in the top of the first on the first damn pitch he saw.

As the ball carried on its way to the stands right I actually smiled, I f***ing hate Josh Beckett.

After what Beckett did to the Cubs in the NLCS a few years ago, he gets a free pass from me. He's one of the few players on the Red Sox that I can stand.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 06:30 PM)
Ben Broussard just hit a grand slam against Josh Beckett in the top of the first on the first damn pitch he saw.

As the ball carried on its way to the stands right I actually smiled, I f***ing hate Josh Beckett.

Umm you know without him the Cubs would have made the World Series before we did and possibly won it before we did, correct?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
Umm you know without him the Cubs would have made the World Series before we did and possibly won it before we did, correct?

That's no reason to like a guy, as a matter of fact that's pretty damn stupid.

I do not like Josh Beckett, never have, never will. period.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 09:58 AM)
That's no reason to like a guy, as a matter of fact that's pretty damn stupid.

I do not like Josh Beckett, never have, never will. period.

It's all good that you hate Beckett, but if you don't think it would have been a nightmare if the Cubs had went to (and maybe won) a World Series before us, you are kidding yourself. All we would have heard last year was "hey we won first in 2003!!" from the stupid ass Cubs fans without Beckett.

Does Josh Beckett still have the hottest girlfriend in baseball?

LeeAnn Tweeden? If that is who you are refering to, they broke up a while ago. That Marlins team a couple years ago had Tweeden (Beckett), Misty May (Matt Treanor), and Alyssa Milano (Carl Pavano) as girlfriends....wow.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
LeeAnn Tweeden?  If that is who you are refering to, they broke up a while ago.  That Marlins team a couple years ago had Tweeden (Beckett), Misty May (Matt Treanor), and Alyssa Milano (Carl Pavano) as girlfriends....wow.

Well, that's too bad :P

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 11:57 AM)
Man....Tigers already up 8-0 vs the Twins.  They are starting to look like a scary team.  Great pitching and pretty damn good hitting.  And a great manager.

I've been one to say they'll be safely in 4th by the allstar break but I'm starting to think they can hang around, mostly because I really like their bullpen. I don't think they're going to be serious contenders come september but I think they can hang around for a while.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
I've been one to say they'll be safely in 4th by the allstar break but I'm starting to think they can hang around, mostly because I really like their bullpen.  I don't think they're going to be serious contenders come september but I think they can hang around for a while.

The concern with the Tigers, like many teams, is still injuries. Rogers, Young, Ordonez, all have pretty bad recent injury histories, but thus far they've been lucky. There's also going to be the usual smattering of other problems, and again, some of those haven't hit yet. Who knows when IRoid will start breaking down, etc.

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
The concern with the Tigers, like many teams, is still injuries.  Rogers,  Young, Ordonez, all have pretty bad recent injury histories, but thus far they've been lucky.  There's also going to be the usual smattering of other problems, and again, some of those haven't hit yet.  Who knows when IRoid will start breaking down, etc.

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Heh, trust me I know that. Like I said, it's taken a lot of convincing for me to even believe Detroit will have a chance to finish over .500. Like I said, I don't think they're going to be serious contenders come september but they'll hang around for a while imo.

Edited by Rowand44