AL Central Central

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
Tigers' DH Dmitri Young's ex girlfriend has accused him of choking her. The charge carries a max penalty of 93 days in jail and a small fine. No word whether or not he also liked to throw bats at her.

Dmitri was geting jealous that his brother was getting all the attention, he had to do something in return.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
Dmitri was geting jealous that his brother was getting all the attention, he had to do something in return.

Actually, according to the police report, the choking happened before the bat throw.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
Actually, according to the police report, the choking happened before the bat throw.

I see, so this must be the little brother trying to be like his big brother.....

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 18, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)

Well you said "No word whether or not he also liked to throw bats at her." So that's why I was thinking it was afterwords since I didn't read the link.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 18, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
So when is this Tiger fade supposed to start that so many on here have claimed? Up 4-1 already today.

If and/or when their starting pitching collapses.

Right now Detroit is pitching out of their minds. Their rotation represents the best cumulative ERA and most wins out of any starting-five in the bigs. They've also done this while throwing the fewest average amount of pitches in the league and not having a single starter with an ERA higher than 3.74 (for that matter they have just -one- pitcher on their entire roster with an ERA over 3.74). Their starters have won decisions in 24 of the teams 39 games.

Can they maintain an ERA well under 4.00 for a few more months? Who the f*** knows. You sure as hell wouldn't think so but a 3.19 team ERA a quarter of the way into the season is quickly approaching "non-fluke" status.

Edited by JackTalkThai

The smoke and mirrors are starting to blow up for Todd Jones. He was lucky to get that save today, great play by Granderson, the only MLB player I know of that went to UIC. The problem with the Tigers is that even when Jones explodes and loses his job, they still have some giant men that throw about 100 in that pen, and one of them will just become the closer and do a great job.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 18, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
The smoke and mirrors are starting to blow up for Todd Jones. He was lucky to get that save today, great play by Granderson, the only MLB player I know of that went to UIC. The problem with the Tigers is that even when Jones explodes and loses his job, they still have some giant men that throw about 100 in that pen, and one of them will just become the closer and do a great job.

At this very second, Zumaya or Rodney would make a far better closer than Todd "opponents hit .350 off me" Jones. I wouldn't be surprised if his WHIP is flirting with 2.00 before long. Granderson (who has been playing an impressive CF so far this year) wouldn't have even been able to make that play in just about any other ballpark as it would've been a sure fire homerun. That ball travelled about 380 to right center.

How Jones racked up 40+ saves last year I haven't a clue.

Edited by JackTalkThai

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 18, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)

If they only have one weakness, their closer, I would think they would make a move to fix that at some point. I see no other weaknesses at this point.

Central W L PCT GB

Detroit 27 13 .675 -

Chicago 26 14 .650 1.0

Cleveland 20 21 .488 7.5

Minnesota 17 24 .415 10.5

Kansas City 10 28 .263 16.0

:headshake :puke :headshake :puke

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 18, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)

Central W L PCT GB

Detroit 27 13 .675 -

Chicago 26 14 .650 1.0

Cleveland 20 21 .488 7.5

Minnesota 17 24 .415 10.5

Kansas City 10 28 .263 16.0

:headshake :puke :headshake :puke

2006 American League Wild Card Standings

AMERICAN W L Pct GB

Chicago Sox 26 14 .650 -

NY Yankees 23 16 .590 2.5

Toronto 22 17 .564 3.5

Oakland* 21 19 .525 5

Texas* 21 19 .525 5

Cleveland 20 21 .488 6.5

:) :( :crying

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
2006 American League Wild Card Standings

AMERICAN W L Pct GB

Chicago Sox 26 14 .650 -

NY Yankees 23 16 .590 2.5

Toronto 22 17 .564 3.5

Oakland* 21 19 .525 5

Texas* 21 19 .525 5

Cleveland 20 21 .488 6.5

:) :( :crying

We don't need no stinkin wild card

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ May 19, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
The Tiggers have gotten 18 homeruns and 46 RBI from their EIGHT and NINE hitters. :o

So I guess if you combine Brandon Inge and Craig Monroe together...you get Albert Pujols.

That's not bad production at all from the bottom two of your lineup.

Must be nice.