AL Central Central

from the land of doom and gloom.. ermm..I mean the Minnesota Twins

They swept the Mariners over the weekend, but have dropped the last 2 games againt he Angels

Recently called up prospect Jason Kubel hit a home run last night, but Scott Baker pitched not so good, and Silva might take his place in the rotation

Torii Hunter stated recently that he wanted to stay with the Twins and him and management have started some contract discussions

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 31, 2006 -> 05:52 PM)
from the land of doom and gloom.. ermm..I mean the Minnesota Twins

They swept the Mariners over the weekend, but have dropped the last 2 games againt he Angels

Recently called up prospect Jason Kubel hit a home run last night, but Scott Baker pitched not so good, and Silva might take his place in the rotation

Torii Hunter stated recently that he wanted to stay with the Twins and him and management have started some contract discussions

Good to hear.

Just remember boys and girls, a team full of average hitters mediocre starting pitching can not win the AL Central this year.

But hey, maybe Maroth and Robertson have just now decided to say f*** you to their career 4.80+ ERAs and finally mature at the age of 29.

Oh wait, that makes no sense.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 31, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
Just remember boys and girls, a team full of average hitters mediocre starting pitching can not win the AL Central this year.

But hey, maybe Maroth and Robertson have just now decided to say f*** you to their career 4.80+ ERAs and finally mature at the age of 29.

Oh wait, that makes no sense.

So, they've gone Garland?

Back to earth soon enough.

Took this off another board. Take it for what its worth.

I just heard on ESPN radio 1270 that Mike Maroth has bone chips in his elbow and will need surgery. He is expected to be out 2 - 3 months.

There were a bunch of people commenting on the same thing that they had heard, and were running with it. It maybe false. But that means Roman Colon is in their rotation, or Zumaya will come out of their bullpen to join it.

Either way this weakens their team.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
Took this off another board. Take it for what its worth.

There were a bunch of people commenting on the same thing that they had heard, and were running with it. It maybe false. But that means Roman Colon is in their rotation, or Zumaya will come out of their bullpen to join it.

Either way this weakens their team.

MLB.com confirms.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)
fyi, Frank Thomas hit a home run off Boof Bonser tonight

1-0 A's over Twins in the middle 6th inning

Did you see the way he cleared his hips and launched the ball into the left field stands?

What a little b****.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
Did you see the way he cleared his hips and launched the ball into the left field stands?

What a little b****.

How about that Jim Thome fellow? He's doing pretty good!

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
I didnt see it becaue I listen to the games on the radio

but the Twins have been shutout 7 times this year

and have yet to shut out an oppenent

Hey, atleast Mauer, Liriano and Santana are great.

Seriously, the Twins have the best battery in baseball when Francisco or Johan are on the mound. There are some serious brightspots for your 4th place team.

yeah

its just that Ryan/Gardy/etc doesnt feel its time to rebuild

Get rid of Batista, Rondell White, Juan Castro and play some of the other prospects in the farm

The one surprsie this year is Mike Cuddyer

batting over .300. He is taking some pitches. They moved him from 3b to RF and he has done a good job

He has got a cannon arm, but his judgment on fly balls still isnt there. But that is sort of to be expected

Colon is out of the Tigers rotation, Zach Miner will be starting against the Red Sox. (Great triple A numbers but who knows how that will go in the majors)

If he fails I would expect Wil Ledezma, Colby Lewis, or Humberto Sanchez (who have all been tearing up the minors) to get a shot.

Zumaya will be staying in the pen. It sounds like noone really has a clue how long Maroth will be out as it depends on the number and size of the bone chips, could be anywheres from 2 weeks to the rest of the season.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
Zumaya will be staying in the pen. It sounds like noone really has a clue how long Maroth will be out as it depends on the number and size of the bone chips, could be anywheres from 2 weeks to the rest of the season.

I'd like to see Humberto Sanchez get a shot with the Tigers. I've heard a lot of good things about that guy's arm. He's been a fixture in Baseball America's "Hot Sheet" so far this year. People say he's an imposing presence on the mound ala Joel Zumaya but with a fastball that "only" tops out at 97.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
Colon is out of the Tigers rotation, Zach Miner will be starting against the Red Sox. (Great triple A numbers but who knows how that will go in the majors)

A great quote from Miner about his upcoming start against the Red Sox.

In three more days, Zach will be pitching in front of what should be a capacity crowd at Comerica Park. The catch is, he'll be pitching to Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz.

"I've gotten them out on video games," he said. "Hopefully it'll transfer over."

:D