AL Central Central

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
Liriano vs Clemens on ESPN tomorrow night.

The Twins are hot as hell, and they are slowly trying to climb back in the race, and I don't want them to win - but dammit, I want so bad for Clemens to lose.

And Liriano's a friggin animal, so that's cool too. It's so fun to watch that guy pitch.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 06:06 PM)
The Twins are hot as hell, and they are slowly trying to climb back in the race, and I don't want them to win - but dammit, I want so bad for Clemens to lose.

And Liriano's a friggin animal, so that's cool too. It's so fun to watch that guy pitch.

Thinking out loud here?

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
If you like reactions, then you should not be posting. Reactions, I believe would be more for the guest feature.

For a while I was, but I recall I wanted to say something about a topic or something like that, so I signed up.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
That inning should go over well with CC's ERA

Makes you wonder how this can guy can have the Sox number, but the Cubs see him and score 9 nines off of him.

I think the whole Sox/Indians thing is familiarity. Our hitters and pitchers know each other very well. C.C. seems to have mastered our team, just like Santana the past couple years. The fact that our hitters haven't really made the adjustment against them is a little troubling however.

With the Cubs, you're basing everything off scouting and tape. You don't have any in-game experience with them so the results are unpredictable. I don't think the Cubs have scored 9 runs all year against lefties.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
There is one, and I do frequent there. I come here cause I like to read reactions. That's all it is.

Don't worry about it, your more than welcome here.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
Makes you wonder how this can guy can have the Sox number, but the Cubs see him and score 9 nines off of him.

And the Angels clobber him too.

Twins lost tonight, so the brainless people who think they are somehow going to climb back into the race can rest for 1 night. They are in 3rd place, have the 2 best records in baseball ahead of them in THEIR DIVISION, and gained ONE GAME during the winning streak that ended tonight. And they still can't hit. It's a 2 team race here folks, so calm down please.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Twins lost tonight, so the brainless people who think they are somehow going to climb back into the race can rest for 1 night. They are in 3rd place, have the 2 best records in baseball ahead of them in THEIR DIVISION, and gained ONE GAME during the winning streak that ended tonight. And they still can't hit. It's a 2 team race here folks, so calm down please.

Didn't they have to win 8 in a row just to make it back to .500?

LOL!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)

I don't think anyone was freaking out about the twins yet and you really got to stop just lumping everyone together when you're trying to make a statement. I also find it rich that you're calling people brainless when I recall you saying "the Brewers are going to win that division" after about a 3 game winning streak when the nl central was being talked about.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:37 PM)
Didn't they have to win 8 in a row just to make it back to .500?

LOL!

Also correct. Everybody is still respecting the Twins because of 2002-2004, but don't. They aren't as good as they were then, we're way better, and now the Tigers are there to deal with (plus Cleveland, although horrible right now, can still hit). It's a 2 team race, and the rest of this division has zero shot. The Twins have 2 STUD pitchers in Liriano and Santana and a very good closer in Nathan and star hitter in Mauer, but other than that, it's poopie. And although that kind of resume could win you the NL West or NL Wild Card, it won't get it done in the man's league and the division from hell.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
I don't think anyone was freaking out about the twins yet and you really got to stop just lumping everyone together when you're trying to make a statement. I also find it rich that you're calling people brainless when I recall you saying "the Brewers are going to win that division" after about a 3 game winning streak when the nl central was being talked about.

I wasn't even calling you out, but ok. And also, I said BEFORE THE YEAR the Brewers would win the Central, so I was consistent at least. :D

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Also correct. Everybody is still respecting the Twins because of 2002-2004, but don't. They aren't as good as they were then, we're way better, and now the Tigers are there to deal with (plus Cleveland, although horrible right now, can still hit). It's a 2 team race, and the rest of this division has zero shot. The Twins have 2 STUD pitchers in Liriano and Santana and a very good closer in Nathan and star hitter in Mauer, but other than that, it's poopie. And although that kind of resume could win you the NL West or NL Wild Card, it won't get it done in the man's league and the division from hell.

I wasn't even calling you out, but ok. And also, I said BEFORE THE YEAR the Brewers would win the Central, so I was consistent at least. :D

I know you weren't calling me out, my point is you don't need to lump everyone together and throw around blanket statements all the time when you're trying to make a statement. We're all prone to making bad predictions around here and you aren't immune to that.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
I know you weren't calling me out, my point is you don't need to lump everyone together and throw around blanket statements all the time when you're trying to make a statement. We're all prone to making bad predictions around here and you aren't immune to that.

Of course, however there is a big difference between being an idiot preseason (like I am, all the time) and thinking after seeing the Sox, Tigers, and Twins for almost half a season that somehow the Twins are a threat.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
Of course, however there is a big difference between being an idiot preseason (like I am, all the time) and thinking after seeing the Sox, Tigers, and Twins for almost half a season that somehow the Twins are a threat.

People have the Twins in the back of their mind because of their pitching. While they will not contend for the division they can still be a b****.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)
People have the Twins in the back of their mind because of their pitching. While they will not contend for the division they can still be a b****.

They could seriously play a part in someone not making the playoffs or force a team to settle for the wild card simply because of the unbalanced schedules. They're going to play everyone tough with their new found offense and 2 stud lefties.

as mentioned, the Twins rattle off 8 wins in a row, and gained only 1 place in the standing. Its getting to be a bit late to be double digits down

Right now, the pitching finally came around, and there has been some timely hitting. Justin Morneau has been on this incredible tear of late. His last 4 home runs have come off left handed pitchers and Joe Mauer is batting in the high .370's

The only way they are going to be in the race is if the Tiggers and Sox both collapse and the Twins continue on their winning ways

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
Torii Hunter sure is a classy guy. He just appeared on Baseball Tonight's show discussing how much Clemens has owned him over his career. Nothing else. Forget that Liriano guy on the mound, or his team's resurgence.

I guess your slamming him, but I love Torri Hunter's attitude. He's such a refreshing interview when you here him on the radio or on sports center. I liked his interview with Gomes too, where he he told Gomes to repeat that name and than made a scared reference to how he feels about Clemens.

He's totally unselfish and would be one guy I'll always cheer for.

"Everybody is going to be focused on Roger Clemens, with it being his first start of the season," Hunter said. "But while they are all focusing on him, they are going to see something totally different, which is Liriano. He's going to shock the world."

that was on the MLB.com preview thingy today

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 05:31 PM)
"Everybody is going to be focused on Roger Clemens, with it being his first start of the season," Hunter said. "But while they are all focusing on him, they are going to see something totally different, which is Liriano. He's going to shock the world."

that was on the MLB.com preview thingy today

I just read your sig and it was hillarious. By the way, what would you say to being a mod on this forum and I am serious. Your a damn good poster and very active over here. You may be a Twins fan but you know baseball and are always respectful and thats exactly what Soxtalk stands for.