AL Central Central

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 26, 2006 -> 03:58 AM)
Prior probably would have been better if he had gone to Minny.

I'll go out on a limb and say if Dusty didn't get his claws into Prior, that he would have been a 20 game winner, especially in an organization that is a master at breeding pitchers like the Twins.

Must of been a full moon - but everybody in the AL Central won.

White Sox 4, Pittsburgh 2

Detroit 4, Houston 0

Cleveland 3, St. Louis 1

Minnesota 9, LA Dodgers 2

Kansas City 9, Cincinnati 8

Boy does the NL Suck! Hahaaaaaaaa

Edited by hawkitis

QUOTE(hawkitis @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
Must of been a full moon - but everybody in the AL Central won.

White Sox 4, Pittsburgh 2

Detroit 4, Houston 0

Cleveland 3, St. Louis 1

Minnesota 9, LA Dodgers 2

Kansas City 9, Cincinnati 8

Boy does the NL Suck! Hahaaaaaaaa

And the Cardinals and Dodgers are (or at least were, in the case of the Dodgers) in first place. And Cincinnati is the wild-card leader. Add to that the Sox handing Pitt their twelfth straight loss, and Clemens getting his second loss...

The AL Central rocks. Wow, that feels great to say...

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
Crisp is batting .318 in his last 5 games and .289 for the season, but he hasn't show much productivity HR RBI wise since returning from the DL in May.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6983

Holy s*** has he gotten hot. Last time I saw him he was hitting .252 and that was before he went 4-5 against Atlanta. (the game I also saw)

I think it has become obvious that the AL Central is the best division in baseball. The building blocks were there last year as the Sox battled through a great pitching division to warm them up for the post season. We are now seeing 3 teams absolutely own their opponents.

:cheers

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 04:31 PM)
Twins win again 6-3

Mauer went 2-3 and a walk

he went 11-14 for the 3 game series. At one point, he had 8 straight singles in 8 at bats

Wow...Mauer is a machine. Eventually he is going to either have to DH or play 1st base to save himself from the grind. He is way to important of a hitter.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 27, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
BREAKING NEWS

Liriano IS human

Normar with a solo shot

but Twins up 6-1 in the 5th

Liri with 5 K's so far.

Sorry to break it to you but I don't think Liriano is human. :P

Anyone who says the Twins can't hang with the Sox and Tigers is fooling themselves. Weak offensively? I don't think any offense with the best hitter in the game can be considered weak. Perhaps mediocre overall, but not weak. And that rotation and bullpen is not cooling down anytime soon.

This division is friggin ridiculous. Cleveland, in all their s***iness, wins probably 3 or 4 other divisions in the majors...in the AL Central, they are nothing more than 4th place big boy fodder.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
Anyone who says the Twins can't hang with the Sox and Tigers is fooling themselves.

*See Knight's sig*

Wite, I know you been dyin to put your name on that list even though me and the others did that before the season. I don't think it's too late. ;)

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
Twins win again 6-3

Mauer went 2-3 and a walk

he went 11-14 for the 3 game series. At one point, he had 8 straight singles in 8 at bats

He is so so good and his power is going to come as well. IF he can stay healthy (and I hope he can) he could turn into the best offensive catcher of all time (considering I don't count Piazza since he was so terrible defensively that you shouldn't call him a catcher).