AL Central Central

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 27, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
The Tribe might turn into sellers at the break....

Why? They were 22-25 on this date a year ago, in third place, 10 games back.

They were 11 back at the ASB, still in 3rd place

They were 15 back after the Sox swept them to open the second half, still in third place, just two games up on 4th.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 27, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
The Tribe might turn into sellers at the break....

As young as their team is...who exactly do they have to sell? Wickman is about the only one who comes to my mind. They have guys like Byrd and Johnson, but IIRC, none of them are FA's after this year.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 27, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
Why? They were 22-25 on this date a year ago, in third place, 10 games back.

They were 11 back at the ASB, still in 3rd place

They were 15 back after the Sox swept them to open the second half, still in third place, just two games up on 4th.

If they are relying on making a miracle run like that, which still fell short of making the playoffs, then I hope they enjoy themselves.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ May 28, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
Its still too early to count them out as it is too early to say Detroit is for real.

Detroit is in first place on Memorial Day. They're real. They might not win the division or the Wild Card, but they are at least as big a threat as Cleveland was last season.

I find it so damn pointless for Tiger's fans to sign up at an opposing team's message board and try to debate with the posters of that site as to whether or not thier team is "for real" or not. Last year I had absolutely no interest in what Twins fans thought of the Sox as they kicked the s*** out of every team in baseaball (except Oakland) on their way to the World Series. Opposing team's fans are not going to like your team, it's just the way it is. Soxtalk alone has had how many Tigers fans sign up just to b**** at the people who don't believe in their suddenly "awesome" team? Ignore the haters, if your team really is as good as their current record indicates, you'll have plenty of time in October to gloat as much as you want.

Tigers offense shut out on back to back days by guys named Johnson with ERA's over 5 (as I mentioned in the other thread). That's an interesting development, and once again the Tigers have a 1 game lead in the loss column on us despite all the magic and pixie dust they've used to get off to this start. They are a legit 90 win team, but we're a legit 95 to 99 win team.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 29, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
I find it so damn pointless for Tiger's fans to sign up at an opposing team's message board and try to debate with the posters of that site as to whether or not thier team is "for real" or not. Last year I had absolutely no interest in what Twins fans thought of the Sox as they kicked the s*** out of every team in baseaball (except Oakland) on their way to the World Series. Opposing team's fans are not going to like your team, it's just the way it is. Soxtalk alone has had how many Tigers fans sign up just to b**** at the people who don't believe in their suddenly "awesome" team? Ignore the haters, if your team really is as good as their current record indicates, you'll have plenty of time in October to gloat as much as you want.

You're absolutely right, most of us are probably still trying to recover from the barrage of Whitesox "fans" last year informing us of such things as:

"DETOILET SUX LOLOLOLOL"

"U GUYZ SUX LOLOLOL"

"DETROIT IS FULL OF (not a nice word for black people) HAHAHAHAHAHA"

"WE WIN AGAIN WHITE SOX FOR WORLD SERIES HAHAH U SUX LOLOLOL"

and the like.

I hope that we are not quite as annoying to you guys.

Jeremy Sowers made his way to the top of the Prospect Hot sheet, and it won't be long until we see him pitch for the tribe. Saw him pitch in college, and hes mark buerhle in a jim parque body. If cliff lee ever makes it back to his 05 form, that could give them 3 formidable lefties, and with the chisox struggles against lefties, that could give em some problems

QUOTE(loltrain @ May 30, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)
You're absolutely right, most of us are probably still trying to recover from the barrage of Whitesox "fans" last year informing us of such things as:

"DETOILET SUX LOLOLOLOL"

"U GUYZ SUX LOLOLOL"

and the like.

Every site gets people like that. Please don't interpret them as representative of the entire White Sox fan base. We had some really annoying Cleveland Fans showing up here around the middle of September last year. Strangely, they all vanished during the last week of the season. It happens to everyone.

QUOTE(loltrain @ May 30, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)

"DETOILET SUX LOLOLOLOL"

"U GUYZ SUX LOLOLOL"

and the like.

Well sorry, but Detroit is a horrific place to live, and we like to point that out at every chance. Sorry.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 30, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
Well sorry, but Detroit is a horrific place to live, and we like to point that out at every chance. Sorry.

We do? I don't recall every saying anything of that sort.

More problems for Indian pitching:

Indians' Sauerbeck arrested, charged

SHEFFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio (AP) - Cleveland Indians pitcher Scott Sauerbeck was arrested early Tuesday after he and a woman fled from his vehicle and were found hiding behind bushes, police said.

Sauerbeck, 34, of nearby Avon, was the passenger in his car, which a patrolman saw weaving. The vehicle pulled into a driveway and the driver, Lily Miller, and Sauerbeck got out, walked into the backyard and jumped a fence, according to a police report.

The owner of the house reported hearing voices outside and police found Sauerbeck and Miller hiding between the home and some bushes.

Sauerbeck was charged with obstructing official business and permitting someone intoxicated to drive his vehicle.

"He was somewhat remorseful and indicated what he did was stupid," Police Chief Michael Gurich said. "I guess they were frightened because they both had been drinking."

Miller faces DUI and obstructing official business charges. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.253, more than three times the legal limit.

Sauerbeck and Miller were released on a bond of $120 each and will be arraigned on June 1 in Avon Lake Municipal Court.

If convicted, the maximum penalty for the misdemeanor offenses is six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Indians spokesman Bart Swain declined comment on the arrest.

Sauerbeck is 0-1 with a 4.22 ERA in his second season in Cleveland.

I guess this was already posted. oops.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 30, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
Thats cause you are from Jersey.

So I don't go onto Detroit forums flaming their city and team because I'm from Jersey? If this is what fans from Chicago do, they might want to rethink which Chicago fans are the true assholes/idiots.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(loltrain @ May 30, 2006 -> 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"DETOILET SUX LOLOLOLOL"

"U GUYZ SUX LOLOLOL"

and the like.

I'm guessing that was a White Sox fan responding to some typical Tigers trash post like "all those crackheads in the ghetto on the south side are probably shooting off their guns waiting to attack the next umpire" in jealousy of one of the most dominant runs in the history of baseball.