AL Central Central

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
maybe, if the drays stay close and leyland goes to jones to close it out. I love todd jones. the sox have a chance to gain ground anytime detrot puts a ball in his hand.

Jones did pitch two innings last night so I'd be surprised if Leyland allows him to pitch tonight. And unfortunately since Zumaya pitched three innings on Sunday, he's not going to be available tonight either. The same goes for Rodney as well who pitched three innings in last night's series opener.

So Detroit's bullpen tonight consists of Bobby Seay, Jamie Walker, Roman Colon and Jason Grilli.

So basically Kenny is going to have a pitch well in order for the Tiggers to win.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Johan Santana is filthy tonight

7 k's 9 outs

Go away you Twins loving bastard we don't take to kindly to your kind round here.

Oh wait that's a pretty ridiculous line of thought.

I wouldn't do this usually, but I have to ask, did anyone get a chance to see Kenny Rogers a few seconds ago? If you missed it, make sure you catch the webgems on Baseball Tonight, I can guarantee you it will show up there. Tigers fan or not, you'll likely agree that it's one of the best plays you've ever seen. If there's a better one out there, I'd love to see it.

Edited by tigerfan

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Ya, the Tigers really are a good team and it looks like Leyland isn't playing. Zumaya (the stud) is pitching right now. I still feel the Blue Jays are way more for real than the Tigers, Reds, etc. in baseball.

If you don't think the Tigers are for real, halfway through June, with the best record in the majors, then you need to f***ing share that s*** you're smoking. The rotation is good 1-5 with Kenny Rogers and maturity helping both Robertson and Maroth out huge, though Maroth is out till whenever the hell he's out till, Verlander is young and friggin awesome, and Bonderman is a solid pitcher too. The pen is solid up and down, aside from old man Jones, and Zumaya is friggin electric, and to top that off, the offense is stock full of talent, and they have the all-around best catcher in the game in Ivan Rodriguez - if they are not for real, then the Sox were not real until October 27 of last year.

Although I will say about Zumaya, you can even be overworked in the pen throwing half the innings you threw from the previous year. Eric Gagne was a starter throughout his career, was thrown into the pen to close, and was magnificent. He then started throwing more and more each time out there, going 2 innings at a time, and I think one time he even went 3 innings for a save, or something like that. Next thing you know, bam, electric stuff takes its toll on the elbow.