AL Central Central

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
I wouldn't do this usually, but I have to ask, did anyone get a chance to see Kenny Rogers a few seconds ago? If you missed it, make sure you catch the webgems on Baseball Tonight, I can guarantee you it will show up there. Tigers fan or not, you'll likely agree that it's one of the best plays you've ever seen. If there's a better one out there, I'd love to see it.

Check out Iguchi's play from earlier in the year. That was an amazing play!

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we play like we have the last 8 games (in other words, like we are supposed to, with some heart and balls, and execution other than Dye's interesting mishap tonight), I have no concern about Detroit. We are better than them, and it will play out that way over 162. But the keys are for us to execute, play our game, and stay healthy....and those things aren't guaranteed. But I'm more worried about us doing what we should than about whatever the hell Detroit does.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Check out Iguchi's play from earlier in the year. That was an amazing play!

Was that the one against Toronto? If so, I will agree it was a pretty awesome play. The one Rogers made was awesome too though if for no other reason then the fact that he actually was able to get over to the ball in time, and get the runner at first on top of it. It was incredible.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:23 AM)
Was that the one against Toronto? If so, I will agree it was a pretty awesome play. The one Rogers made was awesome too though if for no other reason then the fact that he actually was able to get over to the ball in time, and get the runner at first on top of it. It was incredible.

With no disrespect to the outstanding play that Rogers made last night, comparing it to Tad throwing out a guy while flipping over in mid-air is ridiculous.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
With no disrespect to the outstanding play that Rogers made last night, comparing it to Tad throwing out a guy while flipping over in mid-air is ridiculous.

Plus the Gooch throw was in t he 9th inning against the Jays with the game on the line.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)

Wait, I think I'm misunderstanding which play you're talking about. I'm thinking of the play against Toronto at US Cellular, where it was a grounder to short, and the guy made the throw off balance sort of, and still got the out at first. Is this the same one you are referring to?

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
Wait, I think I'm misunderstanding which play you're talking about. I'm thinking of the play against Toronto at US Cellular, where it was a grounder to short, and the guy made the throw off balance sort of, and still got the out at first. Is this the same one you are referring to?

It was more than just "off balance", the guy was completely horizontal. Mid air on his side, flipping over.

Follow This LInk, scroll down to April 15th, and select Iguchi's Tremendous throw.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
Rogers play was number 7 on the ESPN(the s***ty ass network) top 10. Nowhere near Guch's play.

It's definitely a very nice play, but it's not *that* much better. Please don't even think of using ES"Welovedivingcatchesmorethananyotherplayinmlbhistory"PN's rankings as a legitimate comparison.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
It's definitely a very nice play, but it's not *that* much better. Please don't even think of using ES"Welovedivingcatchesmorethananyotherplayinmlbhistory"PN's rankings as a legitimate comparison.

Why is that? That's always bugged the hell out of me. :bang

A guy could make an unassisted triple play with his eyes closed and he would still finish behind Tori Hunter making his twelth diving catch of the season. It makes no sense. But then again, we're talking about the same station that airs the National Dominoe Championships.

Diving catches look flashy as all hell. Jonny Gomes had a play earlier in the season against the Sox where he 1.) Got a s*** jump on the ball 2.) slowed down half way to the ball in flight 3.) fell down at the last second unnecessarily

This play was considered great by those fellers over at ESPN when any RF worth a s*** would have been camped under the ball making the catch with ease.

QUOTE(JackTalkThai @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Why is that? That's always bugged the hell out of me. :bang

A guy could make an unassisted triple play with his eyes closed and he would still finish behind Tori Hunter making his twelth diving catch of the season. It makes no sense. But then again, we're talking about the same station that airs the National Dominoe Championships.

Speaking of Hunter, I can't believe what he did last night. Around the 3rd-4th inning, Clement got wild as hell, and walked 3 hitters in a row. Hunter comes to the plate, swings at the first pitch from a guy who just walked 3 in a row and grounded into a doubleplay. And to top that off, he badly misjudged a Manny Ramirez ball the other night, was turned the wrong way, and just reached over his head and luckily came down with the ball...and it was of course about 2 or 3 on ESPN's top 10 list. :headshake

Jim, how the hell do you put up with this guy? He is one of the least patient hitters I have ever seen in my life.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
Diving catches look flashy as all hell. Jonny Gomes had a play earlier in the season against the Sox where he 1.) Got a s*** jump on the ball 2.) slowed down half way to the ball in flight 3.) fell down at the last second unnecessarily

This play was considered great by those fellers over at ESPN when any RF worth a s*** would have been camped under the ball making the catch with ease.

AKA Jim Edmonds

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 06:42 PM)
Jim, how the hell do you put up with this guy? He is one of the least patient hitters I have ever seen in my life.

My patience has pretty much run out on him. The last year and a half, his defense has been sloppy (with the occansional HOLY s*** catch) He kills rallys with double plays (usually first pitch dps) and hes been running us out of rallys

But he has been the franchise player for a while. Maybe thats why we put up with it.

But the boo birds have been out a few times for him of late

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)
My patience has pretty much run out on him. The last year and a half, his defense has been sloppy (with the occansional HOLY s*** catch) He kills rallys with double plays (usually first pitch dps) and hes been running us out of rallys

But he has been the franchise player for a while. Maybe thats why we put up with it.

But the boo birds have been out a few times for him of late

Good for Twins fans not putting up with his s***. He's possibly the most overrated player in the majors right now.

Luckily for Minnesota, his value is still probably quite high, due to his reputation - some team will give quite a bit of talent for him, and the Twins will be happy for 2-3 years or more reaping the benefits of the trade, cuz the Twins are notorious about that type of thing. Hell, the Twins have ultra-god Liriano, Bonser, and Nathan from AJ Pierzynski - and he was out of San Francisco after the first year - imagine what the Twins could get at the trade deadline from a team in a bidding war with another for Torii Hunter. Yikes.