AL Central Central

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
The Twins bad lineup is too much for them to overcome when Cleveland and the Sox are in this division, even if Gardenhire's deal with the devil seems eternal.

Agreed. They have way too many easy outs in their everyday lineup. I know Rowand is gonna tell me I don't know what I'm talking about and that the Twins are great. :)

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
Agreed.  They have way too many easy outs in their everyday lineup.  I know Rowand is gonna tell me I don't know what I'm talking about and that the Twins are great. :)

LOL. I've been down that street many times. I think the Twins are the 2nd best team in this division but hopefully them and Cleveland decide to suck, it'd make life much easier for all of us. :P

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
A 37 year old platoon man at 1st base who only hits lefties is one of the best signings of the offseason?

For what that team needed, absolutely. They already have guys who feast off of lefties (Belliard, V. Mart, Michaels), and they added another masher vs LHP. Considering they had Jose Hernandez in that spot last season, it's a huge upgrade.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
For what that team needed, absolutely.  They already have guys who feast off of lefties (Belliard, V. Mart, Michaels), and they added another masher vs LHP.  Considering they had Jose Hernandez in that spot last season, it's a huge upgrade.

It's an upgrade and a nice signing, but not even close to one of the best of the offseason IMO, that's a BIG stretch to say.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2006 -> 08:16 PM)
It's an upgrade and a nice signing, but not even close to one of the best of the offseason IMO, that's a BIG stretch to say.

Considering the money they gave to him, and the position that they were in, it's a great signing. It was a low-risk, extremely high-reward signing. Most guys that can produce like he can against LHP would have cost you 6-7 million per season if they were a full-time player. With the tough lefties that pitch in the AL Central, this was a tremendous pick-up for Cleveland.

Very poor three series stretch for Cleveland. Lost 2 out of 3 to a bad Seattle team, split the series with the Tigers after we swept them, and then lose a series to the O's. They can score, but I am nowhere near sold on their starters or bullpen.