Sox v. Kansas City, 4/7/06, Garland v. Affeldt

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2B

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

Crede, 3B

Uribe, SS

Widger, C

Mackowiak, RF

Anderson, CF

Garland, SP

Yuck! Isn't Gload a fairly solid hitter against lefties? Man, I really wish we had a righty outfielder on the bench.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
I've made it a point this year not to question Ozzie.  But wtf?

What else can he really do? Dye is injured, Pods is struggling, and we lack righties on the bench. For the 4th game of the season, this is a disappointing lineup. We better hope PK comes to play today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
What else can he really do?  Dye is injured, Pods is struggling, and we lack righties on the bench.  For the 4th game of the season, this is a disappointing lineup.  We better hope PK comes to play today.

Alright, I see what you're saying. That lineup is just horrific looking.

Ugh...Cleveland is pounding the twins right now. I know its only day four of MLB action, but its beginning to look like the AL Central might be a slugfest between to behemoths in the Sox and Indians

Edited by AbeFroman

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 02:57 PM)
Bat the Widge cleanup.

Its been said time and time again,:

but onsidering that Widger was almost done with baseball when the Sox signed him, I couldn't be happier with his production... He's more than you can ask for in a back-up catcher nowadays.

Nice lineup tonight, :puke Konerko has good numbers career wise against Affedlt and so does Crede. Hopefully Crede can provide some protection for Paul so he can hit something. Hopefully Affedlt challenges Paulie.

Hopefully Jon comes to play tonight. We need him to provide a nice solid start.

The key to success tonight is IBB Sweeney every single time he comes to bat. Dont challenge him, make someone else beat you.

If you take Mike out of the lineup, you can pretty much shut them down without a whimper.

Prior to tonight's game, the entire White Sox traveling party visited the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum...Bob Kendrick, director of marketing for the museum, led the tour with historical perspective provided by the legendary John "Buck" O'Neill... Ozzie Guillen was presented with the C.I. Taylor Manager of the Year Award, while Ken Williams was honored with the Andrew "Rube" Foster Baseball Executive of the Year Award.

4 games, 4 different lineups...

I was really hoping we didn't have to deal with this bulls*** for another season.

I mean can we at least play our regular lineup consistently.

I understand Dye and Pods may be a little banged up, but wow this is a horrible lineup.

You can't have Widger, Ozuna and Mackowiak all in at once.

UGLY.

That lineup is about as sad as it gets but with Dye out and a lefty on the mound, Ozzie doesn't have much of a choice.

Right, not sure what else he can do.

Podsednik is nowhere near 100% to my eyes and Dye is hurt so really who else can he put in there.

Ozzie is gonna use the bench a lot this year. I really don't see what's wrong with doing that, he did it last year and kept guys fresh. I think it's a good strategy but I sense I'm the only one on the site who does.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 06:01 PM)
Ozzie is gonna use the bench a lot this year.  I really don't see what's wrong with doing that, he did it last year and kept guys fresh.  I think it's a good strategy but I sense I'm the only one on the site who does.

I like it over the long haul, but the season just started...What are we resting guys for?

Also Ozuna should not be playing the outfield, I'd rather have Gload out there facing a lefty than putting Ozuna in left field.

What I would like to see is the real lineup used 85% of the time and then get guys days off when they need them.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
Ozzie is gonna use the bench a lot this year.  I really don't see what's wrong with doing that, he did it last year and kept guys fresh.  I think it's a good strategy but I sense I'm the only one on the site who does.

I dont mind the lineup at all either. Especially since Dye and Podsenick are both banged up. And AJ sucks vs lefties and could use the extra day off anyways. Also we are going against KC so we still have the better lineup and pitcher playing today.

Before I forget...

Kansas City, Are you ever going to get a Major League team? Your roster is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prepare for a beat down.

EAT s*** ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP EMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)

afeldt is gonna s*** his pants when he looks up in teh 3rd innign when he sees "Due up Widger, Mackowiak, Anderson, Ozuna"

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2B

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

Crede, 3B

Uribe, SS

Widger, C

Mackowiak, RF

Anderson, CF

Today is Sunday? Well, we are playing the Royals. Day game tomorrow, so I see why Widger's playing. Dye is hurt. So the only question mark is Pods - He hasn't really looked 100% anyway.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

Pierzynski is out for two reasons, one the lefthander pitching for the Royals, two it's a day game tomorrow.

Ozuna is in there for speed, he has a clear advantage over Gload there and I can't argue him being in there seeing he hits righthanded.

As for resting guys this early, well, it keeps them fresh. Even though they might not really need it as much as in August, the playing conditions are not ideal this time of year. Blustery, cool, damp. Not fun to play in. The other aspect is to get these new guys playing, let them be a big part of the team and stay sharp.

Plus most or all of the guys not starting might very well get in for pinch hitting or substitution.