Sox v. Kansas City, 4/7/06, Garland v. Affeldt

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:14 AM)
Pudge, Shelton and Ordonez are a deadly threesome.  They have speed, power and hitters that it for average... we'll see how this divison will unfold.  :crying

Don't forget Carlos Guillen. I wonder if D. Young will go one for the season vs the Sox like he did last year? Did we give him a WS ring?

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Don't forget Carlos Guillen.  I wonder if D. Young will go one for the season vs the Sox like he did last year?  Did we give him a WS ring?

and people forget placido polanco had the highest avg in the AL last year, but didnt qualify for the crown because alot of his ABs were in the NL

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
Garland with a robust 15.19 ERA to start the season.

Garland showed no ability to pitch over "errors" tonight, but I still believe we coast to a victory if Ozuna catches that first fly.

I've always heard that a pitching staff coming off a world series has trouble the next year due to the 1 month less rest. I've never worked with that type of group and dismissed it because I thought 3 months rest in the off season should be enough.

However, I'm starting to rethink this position as our pitchers have started out rough.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
What the hell is wrong with our starters? Did all of their deals with the devil expire?

Definitley not looking like the best staff in the league like many are predicting.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
What the hell is wrong with our starters? Did all of their deals with the devil expire?

LOTS of wear and tear on their arms from last season. I never got the impression they were pushing it in ST, and it's going to take them some time to get up to speed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Would you trade our offense for theirs?  I would in a heartbeat....but of course, I'm often accused of hating the Sox.

It seems like a pretty easy choice when you just look at the lineups individually, however we did score more runs then them last year and obviously our offense is improved from last year.