Sox v. Kansas City, 4/7/06, Garland v. Affeldt

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
It seems like a pretty easy choice when you just look at the lineups individually, however we did score more runs then them last year and obviously our offense is improved from last year.

Switch home parks and the story may be different.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
It's called regression to the mean.  They are all still good pitchers but I hope no one expected complete games every start like during the ALCS.

no, but i sure didnt expect them to come out looking this bad either.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
Because they swing at it.

Actually this has been a pattern for years for the white sox. The game plan for opposing pitchers is start on the outside half and move further away. Our hitters have a hard time adjusting to it, and their plate discipline is bad enough where they chase away or take resulting in strikeouts, lazy popups or turn on your wrist grounders. Our hitters during the playoffs dealt with this better. I was hoping that they would of taken that approach that they had in the playoffs into this season as a learning opportunity. But it seems that old habits are hard to shake.

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
agreed.  but blame OZZIE for sacrificing defense for supposed depth.

TINKER TINKER TINKER

The Cintron move seemed great because we thought that we'd keep Borchard, and get rid of Gload. Now, I'm just as confused as everyone else.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
Maybe once everyone is a bit more healthy Ozzie can give the Sunday lineups a rest for a bit so we can actually start to win some games.

One of the reasons we saw the "Sunday" line-up so often last season was it was the Sox goal to win series, not necessarily 10 games in a row. They won the first 2 games of a series quite often. Although the bench is stronger this year, and I don't think you will see them all in the line-up at the same time as much this season.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
Switch home parks and the story may be different.

That's a good point, still that Tigers lineup would drive most of us nuts as well as they don't have many clutch hitters on that team.