Sox v. Kansas City, 4/7/06, Garland v. Affeldt

I, for one, feel good about all our Starters except for Garcia. I think Garcia will be okay, but I need to see it because he was throwing like a woman in his last ST start and in his first season start.

Garland got pissed off with Ozuna's error and lost his temper. That's a big no-no for pitchers. And he wasn't using his changeup as much as I'd like. He was fine before that inning, and I think he'll be fine over all.

Buehrle is an Ace. I don't worry about him anymore than I worry about Barry Zito or Andy Pettite.

Contreras was fine. A rough first inning, but the rest was fine.

We'll see about Javy today, but I've always thought he's a beast of a pitcher.

I feel good about our bullpen, too. I'm not willing to curse Logan or Thornton, and I don't think anyone else should be, personally.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 06:21 AM)
Our defense is definitely missing Rowand already. If we had Rowand, he would be out in CF, and Anderson would be out in LF giving Pods a break to give his groin pull rest. This happened last year. I do love Thome, and love what he brings to us as a DH, however defense and pitching are the keys to success. And right now we have seen much of any to begin the year.

Are we going to have to hear stuff like this all year long? Look, Rowand is gone, its time to move on and stop saying things like, "If Aaron were here that ball would have been caught (circa the two plays from Tuesday that Mack seemingly shortlegged), or if Aaron were here, he would be in CF and everything would be fine." The defense WILL get better, its too friggin early for it to not to. Not to mention, it was really two bad plays that screwed us last night, and I know its no excuse, but the sideshow circus wind they had going on could have caused even the almighty Rowand to drop that ball. Now I love Aaron as much as the next Sox fan, but its time to move on from the what-ifs or if-onlys, and look at the present and realize that these guys need to shape this s*** up and stop looking so damn lifeless. I guarantee after last nights game, Ozzie had his foot up more than one of their asses, and my guess is Pablo will be limping to the dugout today.

Anyhow, hopefully Javy can pick us up today and we can kick some Royal ass! :fight

:gosox1: