Old time Sox fans =

retro1983hat

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:06 AM)
It's OK, nobody expects the Californian to get it.  ;)

Is this kind of like putting Wiz on a real cheesesteak sandwich. Cause I happen to love Philly's and those you gotta get with Wiz (although they are damn tasty with provo too).

So is it a sin I put Ketchup and Mustard on my brought (to go with the Peppers and Onions)?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Is this kind of like putting Wiz on a real cheesesteak sandwich.  Cause I happen to love Philly's and those you gotta get with Wiz (although they are damn tasty with provo too).

So is it a sin I put Ketchup and Mustard on my brought (to go with the Peppers and Onions)?

lol brat, brought, same difference. Who brought the broughts?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Is this kind of like putting Wiz on a real cheesesteak sandwich.  Cause I happen to love Philly's and those you gotta get with Wiz (although they are damn tasty with provo too).

z\If 'brought' = brat, then yes ketchup is still a nono. The peppers and the onions and the mustard on the other hand, are all Food Cop approved.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
I find this thread funny because it insinuates that he is against the whining of the 'new sox fan' (which, for one, is a completely unquantifiable entity) and what does he do about it? Spends the last six lines whining about why he doesn't like this sub-culture of fans.

No, his point is that some of the old-timers are now the new whiners, and those bullet points are the complaints ascribed to them.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Seriously...a dog without ketchup is just not very good to me.  I could care less what others do, but I've had ketchup and mustard on my dog since I was a kid and thats the way it tastes good.

Same here. I just can't have a hot dog without ketchup (and usually mustard, although I can live without it). I've done it my whole life, and hell, I'll continue doing it. As for other people, as long as they enjoy it, they can do whatever they want to their food.

I'm more of a brat guy though.

I'm not so much a fan of brats, I don't know why though.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
No, his point is that some of the old-timers are now the new whiners, and those bullet points are the complaints ascribed to them.

Ahh..maybe I should read the posts before responding. Thanks! There is no emoticon for being an asshat so I will go waddle away back to the world of my cubicle where I reign supreme.

I saw my brother-in-law put ketchup on his grilled polish with onions the other day at the Cell. :headshake I think it is even worse to do it to a brat, but I agree that the Cell's polish is so good with a little mustard adn well grilled onions. I do not know how anyone could do anything more than that to it. At the end of the day, all these forms of sausage originated in or were inspired by Germany and Poland and were meant to be served with artisan mustard and pickled vegetables. Ketchup just does not fit, especially when you get a good quality one like they serve at Comiskullar (I do agree that the dumbed down kiddie style franks from the store need some more flavor and ketchup is not a terrible choice, however).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
You guys really put ketchup on the grilled dogs and polish at the Cell?

The few times that I've been to the Cell, yes, and who are you to tell me what I can or cannot put on my food?

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
The few times that I've been to the Cell, yes, and who are you to tell me what I can or cannot put on my food?

Just wondering dude. I find sometimes that its almost unnecessary to put anything on the polish with onions, and I prefer mustard over anything else, but thats interesting. I do put ketchup on the steamed dogs that they serve.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
Just wondering dude.  I find sometimes that its almost unnecessary to put anything on the polish with onions, and I prefer mustard over anything else, but thats interesting.  I do put ketchup on the steamed dogs that they serve.

Well, I don't eat the polish, but on the dogs, yea, I do put ketchup.

And I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I'm just trying to understand how people can tell other people what they can or cannot have on their dogs to be a "true" Sox fan.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)

Thanks for the defense. I do like the debate on the hot dog though.

Saying I, or anyone, puts ketchup on a hot dog, appears equal to calling someone's mother a whore. Such emotion over such a weiner.

People don't get this upset over bigger weiners like Mariotti.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
You guys really put ketchup on the grilled dogs and polish at the Cell?

Never bought one. The few times a year I'm at the Cell I look forward to getting a Brat and I live off them at the park for that weekend :D

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Well, I don't eat the polish, but on the dogs, yea, I do put ketchup.

And I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I'm just trying to understand how people can tell other people what they can or cannot have on their dogs to be a "true" Sox fan.

Hell if people want to complain...I like putting peanut butter on eggo waffles. Its freaking delicious with a little syrup.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Hell if people want to complain...I like putting peanut butter on eggo waffles.  Its freaking delicious with a little syrup.

I fully endorse the use of peanut butter on any grain-based food. I prefer using it on french toast though.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
I fully endorse the use of peanut butter on any grain-based food. I prefer using it on french toast though.

Keep the peanut butter where it belongs. . . In the bedroom with the whipped cream and the giant rubber squid

:unsure:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
Keep the peanut butter where it belongs. . . In the bedroom with the whipped cream and the giant rubber squid

:unsure:

Rubber squid...come on, fresh squid is the only way to go. And you thought whip marks were bad :ph34r:

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)

:cheers

I just had PB and some jelly for lunch. If I ever get stuck on an island its PB and J, and Tuna for me (that way I have a variety of two damn good tasting sandwiches). But I'd need plenty of miracle whip, I hate dry tuna.

I don't mind people like fn and Felix who live away from Chicago and put ketchup on their hot dogs.....but if your from Chicago and do it, I pray for your soul. Yikes.

However I will say that if your complaning about too many people going to games or would throw back a home run ball, go be a Cub fan, because your a dumbass. Attendance=payroll, when will people get that?!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
I don't mind people like fn and Felix who live away from Chicago and put ketchup on their hot dogs.....but if your from Chicago and do it, I pray for your soul.  Yikes.

However I will say that if your complaning about too many people going to games or would throw back a home run ball, go be a Cub fan, because your a dumbass.  Attendance=payroll, when will people get that?!

Sometimes I eat a dog with just mustard on it, sometimes I eat a dog with just ketchup, sometimes I eat a dog Chicago-style. All of the time, I dont give a s*** if someone is actually concerned about what I am putting on my hot dog. NOYB.

Im at a park to cheer, the only time another Sox fan should be worried about me is if I come to cheer the other team, which will never happen.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
Sometimes I eat a dog with just mustard on it, sometimes I eat a dog with just ketchup, sometimes I eat a dog Chicago-style.  All of the time, I dont give a s*** if someone is actually concerned about what I am putting on my hot dog.  NOYB. 

Im at a park to cheer, the only time another Sox fan should be worried about me is if I come to cheer the other team, which will never happen.

Haha, I don't care what somebody puts on their hotdogs, this is America. I just think putting ketchup on there is incredibly wrong, especially if your a local.