Jeff Samardzija

Chisoxfn

It will be interesting to see what he opts for. He's a studly athlete with a great arm who has a lot of upside as either a baseball player or football player. Because of him being a two sport guy he may be a guy thats available when the Sox are picking.

Notre Dame righthander Jeff Samardzija could sneak into the first round—but only if he's willing to give up football, which probably would be a tough sell. Samardzija is also an all-America wide receiver who set Fighting Irish records for catches (77) and touchdown receptions (15) last fall, and he has legitimate NFL aspirations. He's more of a projection than a finished product, but he's big (6-foot-5, 215 pounds), athletic and competitive. He touched 96 mph with his fastball in early March against Minnesota at the Dairy Queen Classic.

No way he skips out on his senior football season. Book it.

Its a nice thought because I'd love to see this kid on one of my fav pro teams (sox or bears), but it's not happening...at least not this year. I watched him pitch in person last friday, and he's got quite the fastball. Defintely a project though, since his other pitches need a lot of work.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 07:15 AM)
Was it him that's a Sox fan too?

Yeah, I went to High School with him and had classes with him, he's definitely a Sox fan. He wasn't great at baseball in High School, but it looks like he's definitely improved at ND.