• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
I hope we get swept by the Royals.

You know honestly, I do too. If this lose right here doesn't give them a wake up call, a sweep from the f***in Royals will be a T-Bag to the face.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
If you are playing the Yanks, the Bosox, the Angels that is great.  But when you start losing to the f***ing Royals.  And get 2 hit for most of the game by a Royals pitcher, then maybe we can get a bit upset. 

Thank god we went on the road, The Royals have been a trip so far, wait till we get to Detroit.

really sucks.

QUOTE(ShoeLessRob @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 04:03 PM)
You know honestly, I do too. If this lose right here doesn't give them a wake up call, a sweep from the f***in Royals will be a T-Bag to the face.

I don't buy it, they should have woken the f*** up with 1 loss to the Royals, let alone 2! Another loss to these f***ing bums will not wake us up anymore than 2 already have.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
I don't buy it, they should have woken the f*** up with 1 loss to the Royals, let alone 2!  Another loss to these f***ing bums will not wake us up anymore than 2 already have.

True, true ...

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
I don't buy it, they should have woken the f*** up with 1 loss to the Royals, let alone 2!  Another loss to these f***ing bums will not wake us up anymore than 2 already have.

agree

I can see where the anger is coming from, but most of you guys need to calm down. If it weren't for the wind we would have a few more homers, like today, which probably would have us ahead if not tied.

Dye isn't in the lineup and our pitching is going through a rough stretch. Yes we are almost getting swept by the Royals, but it's not that bad. The season just started.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
I can see where the anger is coming from, but most of you guys need to calm down. If it weren't for the wind we would have a few more homers, like today, which probably would have us ahead if not tied. 

Dye isn't in the lineup and our pitching is going through a rough stretch. Yes we are almost getting swept by the Royals, but it's not that bad. The season just started.

If the team didn't just shoot for the long ball we could have easily pilled up base hits. Javy pitched great, and yes it is THAT BAD.

f***ING DISGUSTING. It's almost as if they talk to themselves between innings and say, "How can we lose in the most excruciating way possible?"

It's time for Buehrle to step up tomorrow. Pitch like an ace against an atrocious Kansas City Royals team.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
Well maybe if our bullpen didn't SUCK so bad we would win more games.

How did the bullpen suck today? Sweeney lifted a bailout swing on a nice slider out of the park. They looked pretty good today IMO.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
f***ING DISGUSTING. It's almost as if they talk to themselves between innings and say, "How can we lose in the most excruciating way possible?"

It's time for Buehrle to step up tomorrow. Pitch like an ace against an atrocious Kansas City Royals team.

And pitch 9 innings, too. That'd be nice and prevent the bullpen from losing it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
How did the bullpen suck today?  Sweeney lifted a bailout swing on a nice slider out of the park.  They looked pretty good today IMO.

Rock, you know I love ya, but none of Politte's sliders looked good today. Politte was lucky as s*** Sweeney didn't hit out one particular slider thrown several before the HR. It hung right over the plate, but he fouled it back.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
How did the bullpen suck today?  Sweeney lifted a bailout swing on a nice slider out of the park.  They looked pretty good today IMO.

While Sweeney did do a good job there he was behind on everyone of Pollite's fastballs. Why would he throw him something that he could catch up on easily?

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
The problem is that Politte doesn't have enough stuff to K someone like Sweeney now.  His velocity has dropped like 6 mph in the last two years.

True. Politte just shouldn't be our go-to guy in the pen. I didn't have much faith in him in the 2nd half of last season and I certainly don't have any in him now.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 09:39 PM)
True. Politte just shouldn't be our go-to guy in the pen. I didn't have much faith in him in the 2nd half of last season and I certainly don't have any in him now.

Here's the last time I'll write this: statistically, he was the luckiest pitcher in baseball last season.

Don't forget, Crede has em loaded in the eighth with one out. I'd say our biggest problem is timely hitting. How many opportunities did we have against Cleveland when we lost in extras? How many runners did we strand last night? This season? Pitching will be shaky at the beginning of the season. Let them get settled in. I think that we will eventually need help in the pen, but not as much as what everyone thinks.

I want to see Konerko, Crede, Pods, and others to step up and get hits when they matter.