Sox vs. Kansas City, 4/08/06, Vazquez vs. Bautista

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
Don't forget, Crede has em loaded in the eighth with one out.  I'd say our biggest problem is timely hitting.  How many opportunities did we have against Cleveland when we lost in extras?  How many runners did we strand last night?  This season?  Pitching will be shaky at the beginning of the season.  Let them get settled in.  I think that we will eventually need help in the pen, but not as much as what everyone thinks.

I want to see Konerko, Crede, Pods, and others to step up and get hits when they matter.

Pods definitley needs to f***ing step it up. Crede and Uribe are doing more than should be expected out of them if you look at their history. I can't wait for Dye to get back because Mack looks TERRIBLE right now.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
True. Politte just shouldn't be our go-to guy in the pen. I didn't have much faith in him in the 2nd half of last season and I certainly don't have any in him now.

Our pen is brutal , from what im seeing. McCarthy seems to be the only guy than can get guys out.. Jenks hasn't allowed a run, but gave up walks and hits. Hope this is just a minor 4 game funk. :crying

Edited by Soxpranos

2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox!

Lets just say that our timing has been awesome. We won the games we needed to in order to become champs. Now we cant buy a break early. Its a long long long season. We have a very good team that barring injury will have another succesful season. Sit back and enjoy the long haul. You can see it on Pods face. He is frustrated right now. When he gets on we win, if he dont we probably wont.

Our pen needs a slap in the face. Other than BMac, nobody has been pitching to its capabilities and the 4 loses portray that. Not that tommorow is a must win or anything, but WE DO NOT WANT TO GET SWEPT BY KC!! Seeing our record at 1-4 is pretty gross.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
JV pitching just plain wasted today! :angry:

I agree, what a solid performance. But like i said, i our bullpen has major issues right now. Starting pitching is what keeps you in games, the bullpen is supposed to maintain leads and finish the games. So far they just haven't cut the mustard.

Hello, good people. I just would like to say one thing...

Shut... the f***... UP!!! Jesus Christ! 1-4. Holy s***! NOW we only have what? 157 games left? s***! Seriously, people, is it just that we on this site are so divided or is everyone changing their minds? First Kenny's the man, now he sucks? First it was "1-2. It's ok, it's early," and now it's "1-4! I'M JUMPING!"... It's early. I realize the bullpen is not in great shape, but I'm sure something will be done about it. Things in time will turn out okay. You people act like the Sox NEVER lost to the f***ing Royals. I do remember a dissapointing 2 losses out of 3 games to KC last year after the break, and... OH YEAH! They lost about what? 5 games to the Royals last season? It's going to happen. In case you people haevn't noticed, KC has gotetn better this year as well. Sure they are the ROYALS, so "a bit better" doesn't say much, but you are GOING to lose some. Have some faith, for God's sake. Sure, I'm a little nervous, too, but don't get all nuts, people. It's EARLY. All this focus on being in last place when there's only been FIVE GAMES is ridiculous, IMO. CALM DOWN.

*end of rant*

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
Here's the last time I'll write this:  statistically, he was the luckiest pitcher in baseball last season.

That probably isn't true at all. Politte gave up the least percentage of line drives (of the 2005 bullpen) last season by a large margin.

Guys weren't hitting Politte well at all last year.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)
That probably isn't true at all.  Politte gave up the least percentage of line drives (of the 2005 bullpen) last season by a large margin. 

Guys weren't hitting Politte well at all last year.

According to statistics based on balls put in play against a pitcher, Politte was the luckiest pitcher.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 11:50 PM)
According to statistics based on balls put in play against a pitcher, Politte was the luckiest pitcher.

???

Are you talking about BAPIP or what?

And, even so, I'm still not buying it. A low BAPIP would probably be due to guys not making good contact off of Politte.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
??? 

Are you talking about BAPIP or what?

And, even so, I'm still not buying it.  A low BAPIP would probably be due to guys not making good contact off of Politte.

I'm just relaying the information about the statistic I've heard from a very smart baseball man. It very well could be BAPIP, I'm not sure. Good contact or not, Politte looked bad in the last 1/4 of our season last year, and his fastball looks even slower now. I'm all for McCarthy being our set-up man.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
I'm just relaying the information about the statistic I've heard from a very smart baseball man.  It very well could be BAPIP, I'm not sure.  Good contact or not, Politte looked bad in the last 1/4 of our season last year, and his fastball looks even slower now.  I'm all for McCarthy being our set-up man.

Well, it'd be nice (for me) to know what exactly you're talking about...

I doubt Politte repeats last year. He was really, really good. Cotts, OTOH, I think he's got a nice future ahead of him, and I can see him coming close to repeating last year.

Agreed on McCarthy, but you know that's going to take time. They're going to have to ease him into that role; this is, as you know, his first year relieving. When Ozzie does use him, however, it's gotta be in high leverage situations, and he needs to use him for two innings at a time. I wouldn't mind if McCarthy was only used once every four days, so long as in that game, he gets two-three innings.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
I missed the game while I was at the cubs game today, but can someone correct me if I'm wrong saying that our team needs a solid slap in the face to get on track

Was that the 2005 White Sox wearing Cubs uniforms playing at Wrigley today? :o

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

I think today obviously showed the importance of having a great bullpen last season, and it's one of the main reasons why we won so many 1 run games last year.

Great start by Vazquez though. Deserved better.