Why I'm not worried

CWSOX45

So far we have seen some pretty sloppy baseball in the first 4 games of the season, yet some people here are acting that instead of being 1-3, we are actually 1-33. Granted I know I don't post here often considering I'm so busy at school and with work, but this is one thing that all you naysayers need to be aware of. There are 162 games in a baseball season, so far we have played a whopping total of 4.

So by the numbers we've played 4 games out of 162, which means we have played a total of 2.4% of our season schedule.....I want everyone to keep that in mind IF we do we happen to lose today.

Sure we should have won that game last night it hurt, but in no way or form am I worried. If we are under .500 after playing 20 games, then I'm going to start getting concerned. Ozzie is still trying to figure out his bullpen situation, it's going to take some time for him to get a grasp on when to use guys in certain situations. Until then, just ride it out, and eventually things will be fine.

CWSOX45

I'm not worried because:

a. it's been 4 games

b. they won the World Series last year, and that's gonna shut me up for a while

and

c. it's been 4 games :D

While I certainly haven't enjoyed the first week of the season, it IS only the first week of the season. Detroit's not going 162-0, the Sox aren't going 40-122, and the Jndjans aren't going to run away from the division.

When it's all said and done, the division race is going to be tight, and the Sox will be in the thick of it.

I'm still calm.

I don't care about the record at this point.

I am concerned that Garland looked like the old "Judy" Garland: pitch well until something goes wrong and then implode.

I am concerned that Garcia has lost velocity and am worried that he will not return to form.

I am concerned that our bullpen is thin already and that if either of those two starters continue continue along their current trend, we'll have to use McCarthy as a starter and have minimal bullpen.

I am concerned that Cotts and Politte will become human again.

I am concerned that Hermanson might never pitch effectively this season.

I am concerned that we are really going to miss Rowand and we will see atrocious outfield defense all season.

I am very concerned that our chemistry sucks. Right now we are a team that is less than the sum of its parts.

Through the first four games, the Sox have looked like a team that didn't realize the season started on April 2. They've played poorly and some of our worst fears have been realized within the first week of the season. I'm optimistic the team will develop and we'll be ok as the season progressses, but right now I'm pretty worried that we look like the same-old Sox, not the 2005 champions.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
So far we have seen some pretty sloppy baseball in the first 4 games of the season, yet some people here are acting that instead of being 1-3, we are actually 1-33.  Granted I know I don't post here often considering I'm so busy at school and with work, but this is one thing that all you naysayers need to be aware of.  There are 162 games in a baseball season, so far we have played a whopping total of 4.

So by the numbers we've played 4 games out of 162, which means we have played a total of 2.4% of our season schedule.....I want everyone to keep that in mind IF we do we happen to lose today.

Sure we should have won that game last night it hurt, but in no way or form am I worried. If we are under .500 after playing 20 games, then I'm going to start getting concerned.  Ozzie is still trying to figure out his bullpen situation, it's going to take some time for him to get a grasp on when to use guys in certain situations.  Until then, just ride it out, and eventually things will be fine.

CWSOX45

Sure the season is early and I'm far from panicking, but we are playing KC. It's not going to get much easier around the AL then them.

Bob