April 10: White Sox @ Tigers Game Thread

Wedge

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
Worst home run call ever.

I had no clue it was a home run until the very very end.

Its a line drive, over the left fielders head, its uh  over the wall for a homer.

And its a WHAMMY

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
"Swing and a line drive into left center field, and that gets (pause) OVER THE FENCE!"

-Singleton.

I know everyone is tired of the debate regarding our poor radio announcers, but I was thinking the same thing. This is the first time I have heard Singleton do play by play and it is really tough. It appears he sometimes miscalls the balls and strikes and then adjusts the count later. I have the ESPN gamecast up and he has screwed this up on a couple occassions.

Forget giving Singleton a chance cuz he plains sucks. Thanks to his awful call, I had no idea Crede hit the ball, let alone a line drive, let alone it had a chance to go, let alone it did go out. :angry:

QUOTE(Allsox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Forget giving Singleton a chance cuz he plains sucks. Thanks to his awful call, I had no idea Crede hit the ball, let alone a line drive, let alone it had a chance to go, let alone it did go out.  :angry:

You missed Hawk's call. We got Hawk's homerun call on a foul ball hit be Cintron.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
Forget giving Singleton a chance cuz he plains sucks. Thanks to his awful call, I had no idea Crede hit the ball, let alone a line drive, let alone it had a chance to go, let alone it did go out.  :angry:

Hawk wasn't much better.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)

Hopefully with some time his PBP won't be this bad. He just needs to get more fluid, stop pausing/repeating himself, and that's somethign that will come with practice.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
Hopefully with some time his PBP won't be this bad.  He just needs to get more fluid, stop pausing/repeating himself, and that's somethign that will come with practice.

That's why he should have been signed to broadcast Charlotte or Birmingham games, while a professional, experienced announcer handles the major-league 'casts.