April 10: White Sox @ Tigers Game Thread

Wedge

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
I'm not f***ing kidding you. All pitchers need to be put out there to see what they've got. Logan was fine his first time and gave up a homer to Hafner the second time. I think Logan can manage, Baker, and I think he should be given the chance.

Go Paul Konerko!

let him prove himself in the mop up role before we put him in 1-2 run games.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
I'm not f***ing kidding you. All pitchers need to be put out there to see what they've got. Logan was fine his first time and gave up a homer to Hafner the second time. I think Logan can manage, Baker, and I think he should be given the chance.

Go Paul Konerko!

Why put in a lefty against a righthanded lineup? It makes no sense.

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
let him prove himself in the mop up role before we put him in 1-2 run games.

I think that's fair enough. I'm not advocating him staying in now. I acknowledged without explicitly saying that he shouldn't come out today by saying he should come out tomorrow -- or, as I put it, that I'd like to see him.

I'm just replying to Dusty Baker over there.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)

Go Paul Konerko!

Sorry, this ain't little league, buddy.

We are playing for wins and losses here.

You go ahead and test your 20 year old High-A-baller in a one run game against one of the hottest teams in baseball.

Brilliant.

BTW for those questioning the game threads--some of us are at work or don't have TVs here or don't have the bandwidth to watch via the 'net (well, we're not supposed to at least).

I can say for me that game threads are one of the most entertaining ways to follow a game if you can't watch (radio would be second choice, although with our sorry-ass lineup in the booth, maybe not). I love 'em. I feel like I'm part of the game, thanks to all who keep posting the updates.

I hope they never go away.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)

You go ahead and test your 20 year old High-A-baller in a one run game against one of the hottest teams in baseball.

Brilliant.

Or how bout not putting in a LHP against RH batters????

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
I didn't say he should go in today. :P

No, here's what you said.

All pitchers need to be put out there to see what they've got. Logan was fine his first time and gave up a homer to Hafner the second time. I think Logan can manage, Baker, and I think he should be given the chance.

There's a time and place for that...it's called High-A ball.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:05 PM)

Brilliant.

I didn't say he should come out today in a one-run game. :P

Edited by greasywheels121