April 10: White Sox @ Tigers Game Thread

Wedge

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
If Konerko gets 40 homeruns he is likely to get maybe around 45 RBI's because little Jimmy over there is clearing the bases before Kong can get a chance.

Yeah, that's pretty funny.

Little Jimmy is a .280 hitter if he's lucky, though. That means that he's gonna fail in 72 out of every 100 ABs. I'm pretty sure that Kong will have plenty of RBI opportunities. I dunno, just call it a hunch. ;)

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)

Little Jimmy is a .280 hitter if he's lucky, though.  That means that he's gonna fail in 72 out of every 100 ABs.  I'm pretty sure that Kong will have plenty of RBI opportunities.  I dunno, just call it a hunch.  ;)

Let's just say roughly, Thome will get 150 hits. He will also walk 90 times. So he's on base 240 times. If you subtract out 40 HR from his hits, Thome is on base 200 times in front of Konerko. Yes, Pauly will have his opportunities.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)

Little Jimmy is a .280 hitter if he's lucky, though.  That means that he's gonna fail in 72 out of every 100 ABs.  I'm pretty sure that Kong will have plenty of RBI opportunities.  I dunno, just call it a hunch.  ;)

He'll also walk 100 times.