Bath towels

Texsox

How many times do you use a bath towel before washing it?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many times do you use a bath towel before washing it?

• When it gets dirty

Technically once since I get a fresh one every time I take a shower but I always hang the used ones up to dry somewhere in the bathroom and put them on the floor to step on when I get out so I don't get the floor all wet.

We usually leave them up to dry our hands and clean up spills (which are many in a house with 3 young kids).

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
All of a sudden towels are a one use thing around my casa. I think it is excessive.

I agree, you only use them to dry off when you're already clean so why wash them everyday?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
I agree, you only use them to dry off when you're already clean so why wash them everyday?

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a constant supply of clean towels, but it seems like I am always running to laundry room and pulling one out of the dryer.

On a related drying note, I found that for backpacking and camping these chamois type things are great. Kind of a clammy feeling, but they are small and lightweight and don't get all funky smelling after a couple days.

I use the same one for at least a few days. I figure I'm not dirty when I dry myself off so whats the big deal. Usually I'll go through two towels a week (same towels I use to dry my hands after washing them and the towels I use to clean up after I brush my teeth and stuff).

Usually I do my laundry once a week on Sunday.

Definitely use it for at least 3 or 4 days before washing.

I used to just use a towel once back in the day when I could get away with it, but now that I do my own laundry I don't go through as many.

I have always wondered this as well. I used to go a week or so until they needed to be washed. But now I notice as the towels get older and older I need to wash them every couple of days before they get pretty gross. I wonder if the towels will last longer if i wash them more often or if the constant washing will put holes in them.