AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
From the tigers board game thread today: "Rumor was that Garcia had some arm trouble..... Do you see it , cause I don't."

LOL. They must have come and took what some of the jokers over here said as gospel.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
You know what's odd about today's performance for Garica? He threw harder this afternoon than I've seen him throw since joining club. Consistently 92mph; 94 occasionally in certain situations. Last season he rarely hit 94, and today he reached it frequently.

I would have been satisfied if he eclipsed 90. Literal night and day difference between second-start Garcia and typical, hardthrowing Freddy Garcia.

Last game was a wake-up call for Garcia. Any pitcher with pride would be upset with the way the Indians smacked around his fastball. Great outing by Garcia today.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
This is what happens with the starting pitching staff.  Its just my observation, but Buehrle sets the bar, and the rest follow suit.  I dont understand it, but I swear that everytime Buehrle has a good start, the rest of the staff mimics him.  It seemed to happen a lot last year too.  When Buehrle "lost" his changeup late in the year last year, the Sox started skidding big time and the only pitcher who could stop the bleeding was Jose.  We all blamed it on Pods being injured, but I thought the pitching was losing its edge as well.  Like I said, just my observation.

It might have seemed that way but I believe August was one of the better months for the pitching staff era wise.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:38 PM)
It might have seemed that way but I believe August was one of the better months for the pitching staff era wise.

It wasnt horrible.

But even in the WS DVD they say that Mark sets the tone and the rest follow suit.

Kong showing he can turn around on a 98 mph fastball impressed me. He has been one of the better fastball hitters in baseball. If he can start hitting behind Thome, he will provide Thome protection who will get more pitches to hit.

Pods needs to get going. He isnt hitting , and now he is having problems in the field. They should of retroactively put him on the DL at the end of ST to allow him to play in extended ST so he could work out the kinks there.

Glad to hear that Freddy's hitting the low/mid '90s again. Didn't get to watch it on TV, but it sounded like Comerica's spacious dimensions saved Garcia's ass a couple of times. Is that accurate or was Farmer exaggerating a bit? I like Ozzie's use of B-Mac and Jenks in a must-win. Also nice to see Paulie have a nice day at the plate. The only downside was that Pods was wretched.

Winning two in a row and beating a Sox-killer (Bonderman) were huge. Great job! :cheers

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)

ERA-wise, yes, but not win-wise. Hopefully this pastes correctly.

G IP W L WHIP K/BB K/9 BAA OPS ERA

26 236.1 15 11 1.46 1.66 5.64 .275 .777 4.34  July

28 256.0 12 16 1.20 2.51 6.01 .247 .689 3.66  August

29 267.1 17 12 1.22 2.85 7.00 .250 .721 3.50  September

I dont know. Hermanson started losing his stuff around this time, Pods got hurt, Buehrle lost his changeup, Crede got hurt, Blum became a starter. This was a pretty crazy time period for the champs last year. I still feel that Buehrle sets the tone, and the rest follow suit. hopefully Im right ;)

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Glad to hear that Freddy's hitting the low/mid '90s again.  Didn't get to watch it on TV, but it sounded like Comerica's spacious dimensions saved Garcia's ass a couple of times.  Is that accurate or was Farmer exaggerating a bit?  I like Ozzie's use of B-Mac and Jenks in a must-win.  Also nice to see Paulie have a nice day at the plate.  The only downside was that Pods was wretched.

Winning two in a row and beating a Sox-killer (Bonderman) were huge.  Great job!  :cheers

Great defense saved his ass. That park isn't that big anymore except to center. Garcia was good, not great, but he pitched out of any jams against a team that's hitting well so I'm happy.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Glad to hear that Freddy's hitting the low/mid '90s again.  Didn't get to watch it on TV, but it sounded like Comerica's spacious dimensions saved Garcia's ass a couple of times.  Is that accurate or was Farmer exaggerating a bit?  I like Ozzie's use of B-Mac and Jenks in a must-win.  Also nice to see Paulie have a nice day at the plate.  The only downside was that Pods was wretched.

Winning two in a row and beating a Sox-killer (Bonderman) were huge.  Great job!  :cheers

Farmer? Exaggerate? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Next thing you will be telling me is that he hopes for a homerun in every inning for every batter of every game!

QUOTE(chiguy79 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
how many more ABs before Pods spring training is over?

How many bad at bats until he tries a bunt? He's pulling off, I think. A bunt attempt might get his head on the ball. But I'm sitting here where it's a lot easier.

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
How many bad at bats until he tries a bunt? He's pulling off, I think. A bunt attempt might get his head on the ball. But I'm sitting here where it's a lot easier.

I believe he popped up a bunt on the first pitch of yesterday's game. He also faked a couple others yesterday.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
Great defense saved his ass. That park isn't that big anymore except to center. Garcia was good, not great, but he pitched out of any jams against a team that's hitting well so I'm happy.

They brought in left-center significantly, but it's still 345 down the line. Why I-Rod and Maggs wanted to play there is beyond me.

Anyway, thanks. It's difficult to tell how hard the Tigers were hitting Garcia through Farmer.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
ERA-wise, yes, but not win-wise.  Hopefully this pastes correctly. 

I dont know.  Hermanson started losing his stuff around this time, Pods got hurt, Buehrle lost his changeup, Crede got hurt, Blum became a starter.  This was a pretty crazy time period for the champs last year.  I still feel that Buehrle sets the tone, and the rest follow suit.  hopefully Im right ;)

I'm not disagreeing on the Buehrle part, just saying that overall that iirc the era was pretty solid in August. It was mentioned a lot last year that the starters have a sort of good rivalry where they all want to out pitch each other, which obviously starts with Mark.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
They brought in left-center significantly, but it's still 345 down the line.  Why I-Rod and Maggs wanted to play there is beyond me.

Anyway, thanks.  It's difficult to tell how hard the Tigers were hitting Garcia through Farmer.

It's only 370 into the gaps which is smaller than the Cell.

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
It's only 370 into the gaps which is smaller than the Cell.

That's true. But if you're a righty and either pull it or drive it to center you're screwed. It's not a bad park for lefties, though. IIRC, it's something like 330 down the right-field line and 365 to RCF. Not bad.