AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
That's true.  But if you're a righty and either pull it or drive it to center you're screwed.  It's not a bad park for lefties, though.  IIRC, it's something like 330 down the right-field line and 365 to RCF.  Not bad.

Yeah center is death. I think Juan Gonzales would have a few things to say about the dimensions in that park.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't Ozzie bring in Boone-f'ing-Logan and Matt-f'ing-Thortnton today in the 7th or 8th inning and instead go to McCarthy in a close game against a tough club on a roll?????

Hopefully you learnt from your prior mistake Ozzie and are going to only use Logan and Thornton when we either are losing by a lot or winning by a lot

Great game otherwise to stem the Tigger's momentum and claim some of it back for us to get on a roll. I am hoping for a nice 10 game win streak or something to get this season off to the start we should be getting off to.

Well done Freddie, Thome, Crede, Bobby Jenks and BMac.

:cheers

Watching the replay now from the Detriot feed, and its pretty funny on how the announcers talk about Thome Power and how one of them wish nobody was on base. 10 seconds later , the ball flies 19 rows into the stands, and one of the annoucers says, as the ball is flying out " well, Yikes" the other corresponds with, " He's strong, he's country strong" was pretty funny, good pair of announcers.. yet to catch there names.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
Watching the replay now from the Detriot feed, and its pretty funny on how the announcers talk about Thome Power and how one of them wish nobody was on base. 10 seconds later , the ball flies 19 rows into the stands, and one of the annoucers says, as the ball is flying out " well, Yikes" the other corresponds with, " He's strong, he's country strong" was pretty funny, good pair of announcers.. yet to catch there names.

I like them. Crede's HR is up on ChiSox.com, and it's the Tigers' feed. They both were very complimentary of him. They both loved the guy last year too, after Crede hit his bare-handed sideburned go-ahead HR against Detroit.

iPsh6iXT.jpg

Yes, I thought they called the HR nicely. Also on Crede's HR their color guy interjects right after the HR "He's a big time player" and goes on to add "He gets lots of clutch hits for them".

Small sample but they seem like good announcers to me.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
Yes, I thought they called the HR nicely.  Also on Crede's HR their color guy interjects right after the HR "He's a big time player" and goes on to add "He gets lots of clutch hits for them". 

Small sample but they seem like good announcers to me.

With extra innings we get to here a lot of out-of-town guys and DET is way up on the list of my favorites to listen to. I don't remember their names either but the color guy knows the Sox better than any tv announcer in the league outside of Hawk and DJ. The color guy for TEX is kickass as well.