To those who already buried the Sox

brijames

Besides the fact you haven't a clue or a life you might want to remember this team is about character. They have a lot of it. It's not really surprising they started with a bit of a hangover yet from all the celebrating. They need a little time to close the book on last year. This first week wake up call did just the trick. This Central Division race is gonna be a real dogfight. These White Sox players have a lot of pride. They were kicked in the teeth here this first week of play. They will not roll over. They just need to stay close to the red hot Tribe here early. Don't let them get too far away. Repeating is gonna be harder than hell but if any group can give it a great shot it will be this group of White Sox.

QUOTE(brijames @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Besides the fact you haven't a clue or a life you might want to remember this team is about character. They have a lot of it. It's not really surprising they started with a bit of a hangover yet from all the celebrating. They need a little time to close the book on last year. This first week wake up call did just the trick. This Central Division race is gonna be a real dogfight. These White Sox players have a lot of pride. They were kicked in the teeth here this first week of play. They will not roll over. They just need to stay close to the red hot Tribe here early. Don't let them get too far away. Repeating is gonna be harder than hell but if any group can give it a great shot it will be this group of White Sox.

anyone who buried the sox is a cubs fan in disguise or a complete moron. I know this, i have a world series championship in my back pocket..

Yeah it's only been 1 week, no need to say this team is terrible. But with that being said, I do have some concerns about the team. Mainly in the pitching. Will the starters be able to produce like they did last year? The relievers are the big question in my mind. How's the bullpen going to do? I don't worry about the offense as much as the pitching. But one thing I'm going to miss from last year is that we had at least 2 bench players with speed, Willie Harris and Pablo Ozuna and I don't think Timo Perez was that slow either. I guess I just like fast guys but we're down to just 1 with Pablo.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
These kinds of threads don't work unless you name names.

That's why I'm gonna have to call "Mad Gay" on this one.

No offense to any of the homosexual posters here at soxtalk.  :cheers

Bingo.

I don't know who the hell you're trying to call out, op. Not anyone I've read.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love soxtalk. I wonder if the sox lost today if this thread would even be up.. Hmmm... I wonder. :rolly

The sox ARE the best team in the AL (especially in the central) thats no argument from anyone (except the people who don't believe so) but that's only on paper. They have to back it up on the field as well. That's what the Twins showed us a couple years back.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
The sox ARE the best team in the AL (especially in the central) thats no argument from anyone (except the people who don't believe so) but that's only on paper. They have to back it up on the field as well. That's what the Twins showed us a couple years back.

LOL...I love that. "You won't get any argument from anyone on that, except for the people who disagree."

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
Yeah it's only been 1 week, no need to say this team is terrible. But with that being said, I do have some concerns about the team. Mainly in the pitching. Will the starters be able to produce like they did last year? The relievers are the big question in my mind. How's the bullpen going to do? I don't worry about the offense as much as the pitching. But one thing I'm going to miss from last year is that we had at least 2 bench players with speed, Willie Harris and Pablo Ozuna and I don't think Timo Perez was that slow either. I guess I just like fast guys but we're down to just 1 with Pablo.

its a valid concern, especially with our previously untouchable bullpen but no worries, let Coop work his magic :D :bringit :gosoxretro:

Hey guys, first post on the forums! :)

Anyways, I agree with the topic starter. These guys have an insane amount of character and chemistry, even with the additions and subtractions. I almost expected them to start off slowly, with all the celebrations and presentatiosn and this and that.. but now look at them. Three solid starts in a row, with two wins. Buehrle dominated, and Garcia and Vazquez looked great. Plus, we got McCarthy who looks like a gem! I see great things coming to this team!

Go Sox!

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)

Anyways, I agree with the topic starter. These guys have an insane amount of character and chemistry, even with the additions and subtractions. I almost expected them to start off slowly, with all the celebrations and presentatiosn and this and that.. but now look at them. Three solid starts in a row, with two wins. Buehrle dominated, and Garcia and Vazquez looked great. Plus, we got McCarthy who looks like a gem! I see great things coming to this team!

Go Sox!

Welcome! :cheers

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)

Go Sox!

Welcome Tito! :cheers

QUOTE(brijames @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)

this is a pointless post. anyone who actually freaked about a 1-4 start needs to get off the bandwagon...

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
this is a pointless post.  anyone who actually freaked about a 1-4 start needs to get off the bandwagon...

Definately. It's week 1! There is no way you can write this team off after 5 freakin' games. Come on!

I was one of the "negative people" because I was worried about a 1-4 start and losing four games to division rivals. I'm sorry, but I think that I am justified in my concern, particularly since we lost 3 of those games when one of our former strengths failed us: the bullpen. While I am certainly glad that we've performed so well the last two games, I still think that concern is justified and that it is cleaer that the bullpen is not something we can rely as heavily on this season as last. Trust me, I'm a fan... but I wouldn't be a Sox fan if I wasn't worried!

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
I was one of the "negative people" because I was worried about a 1-4 start and losing four games to division rivals. I'm sorry, but I think that I am justified in my concern, particularly since we lost 3 of those games when one of our former strengths failed us: the bullpen. While I am certainly glad that we've performed so well the last two games, I still think that concern is justified and that it is cleaer that the bullpen is not something we can rely as heavily on this season as last. Trust me, I'm a fan... but I wouldn't be a Sox fan if I wasn't worried!

Yes, but remember, over a 162-game schedule, this is bound to happen. How many times last year did it look like all hope was lost? Our entire team sucked pretty hardcore at more than a couple points, but Ozzie pulled them together and got them back on track. He's a great manager, coupled with a great pitching coach and an unbelievable pitching staff.

The law of Averages is perfect for this situation! They will strike back and return to form, because they are that good! :)

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
Yes, but remember, over a 162-game schedule, this is bound to happen. How many times last year did it look like all hope was lost? Our entire team sucked pretty hardcore at more than a couple points, but Ozzie pulled them together and got them back on track. He's a great manager, coupled with a great pitching coach and an unbelievable pitching staff.

The law of Averages is perfect for this situation! They will strike back and return to form, because they are that good! :)

Oh, don't get me worng. I know we've got a great team, but most importantly a great manager (unlike many on the board, I too acknowledge Ozzie is one of the great ones). They're too talented and too well lead to be a piss-poor baseball team. I just hope that the bullpen isn't crippling for this team as a bad bullpen has been for the Cubs in the recent years.