"K-Fed" Illegally Samples

G&T

Once I saw what song it was I had to post this.

He really sucks

Thomas Dolby Blasts K-Fed

04/05/2006 3:00 PM, Yahoo! Music

Lyndsey Parker

Thomas Dolby is blinding mad, and science has nothing to do with it. The subject of his ire is, surprisingly, Britney Spears's husband.

On his official website's blog, the new waver behind such '80s hits as "She Blinded Me With Science," "Europa," and "Hyperactive" blasts Kevin Federline for allegedly sampling his most famous tune without permission. Dolby writes:

"Britney Spears’ husband Kevin Federline, whom I’d never heard of until a few days ago, appears to have illegally sampled one of my compositions. On his MySpace site you can download an MP3 which uses a looped sample from Mobb Deep’s ‘Get It Twisted’, which in turn copped the string line from my own song ‘She Blinded Me With Science.’ Now, Mobb Deep did it the right way and had his label BMG come and ask for a license. They paid me a fee and a royalty on the sales of Mobb Deep’s record. However K-Fed, as his fans affectionately refer to him, did NOT ask permission, he just went ahead and did it. He is therefore blatantly violating the copyright law. And laws aside, he owed it to me as an artist to ask if I minded that he recorded a vitriolic rap over the top of my music. It starts off ‘This is for the HATERS...’ and goes on to blast the media, paparrazzi and all his other critics, sparing no expletives along the way. BMG Records have also had their copyright violated, as they own the master to Mobb Deep’s record. But BMG don’t want to rock the Britney boat so they are turning a blind eye. It’s pathetic! Turns out K-Fed has no management, label or lawyer, so it’s going to be hard getting hold of him. So K-Fed, if you’re reading this, I’m asking you nicely to take the track down ASAP. Or maybe you’d prefer me to come after some of your wife’s ill-gotten gains?"

No word yet on whether Federline--who is currently promoting his soon-to-be-self-released debut album, Playing With Fire--has responded to Dolby's blog. Meanwhile, Dolby is launching his first concert tour in 15 years next week, and will have a new song he wrote with J.J. Abrams featured in the upcoming movie Mission Impossible III.

Linky

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
There is one good thing that came out of this.  I found the title and the singer of the song that they use in Mythbuster commercials lol.

That song and that music video are the epitomy of "funny bad." I can't believe someone would steal, and I'll bet Dolby is the most surprised guy in all of this.

By the way, did anyone get to see Conan last week when he had James Lipton read this guy's song lyrics? It was pretty funny. Then he did a beer bong and spat all of it out. That, also, was funny.

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
That song and that music video are the epitomy of "funny bad." I can't believe someone would steal, and I'll bet Dolby is the most surprised guy in all of this.

That's what I thought of the lyrics when I yahooed them and then read them. :lolhitting