Mound Charging, Bonds, Thome, Fights

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(juddling @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 08:46 AM)
and one fast bankrupcy ends any money you might get as a result of it.

Judgements are not discharged in BK. Not that it matters. Plenty of other ways to hide money - as OJ Simpson has mastered.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
FWIW, Ventura charged the mound after Nolan Ryan plunked him and I wouldn't consider Robin a "hothead" at all.

I heard Ryan tell that story and by the end I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. He said he has laughed with Robin about it also.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 09:00 AM)
I heard Ryan tell that story and by the end I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. He said he has laughed with Robin about it also.

I still laugh when I remember Robin telling the story

"I got halfway out there and I was like 'what am I doing?'"

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 08:00 AM)

A few Robin quotes from then:

""He gave me a couple of noogies on my head and that's about all."

"If you know the game, it's no secret what he was doing. If you don't think he did it [threw that brushback pitch] on purpose, you don't know the game."

After being suspended: "They're looking at it like he wasn't trying to throw at me."

On Opening Day 1998, in Texas, when NR was at ballpark and apparently tried to continue where they'd left off: "What would I have to say to him?"

"I still think he did it on purpose."

"I get booed here more than Albert [belle]. That's why Albert likes coming here with me."

"It seems like the better I do, the louder they boo."

QUOTE(juddling @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 07:46 AM)
Sure, sitting in front of your computer, with nothing on the line, you could say that.  But if you were actually behind the plate, in the heat of the game, and beanballs had been flying all day, and some pissed as hell batter who has already been hit comes to bat and says that, you would probably think twice.  One good hit ends your carreer, and one fast bankrupcy ends any money you might get as a result of it.

No. I might think twice, but I wouldn't let a batter dictate terms like that to me.