Comebacks for Sox Fans

Son Goshin

QUOTE(Timoperezrulez @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
But the thing is these cubs fans always say " that is all in the past, right now we are better then you" what are some good comebacks for that?

You could always just tell them to put down the crack pipe. :bang

Seriously, their 3, 4, and 5 starters are Glendon Rusch, Sean Marshall, and Jerome Williams, and Wood and Prior have no timetable for return (as always). They're not going anywhere with that rotation.

Of course the problem is logic never seems to work on Cubs' fans. :bang

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
I have John Rooney's game 4 final out call saved as an MP3 on my phone. Whenever my Cubbie fan pals start getting uppetty, I just hit a button and...

"Jenks with a deep breath.... he oks the sign. From the stretch with a runner at second. Here is the 1-2 pitch to Palmero... a ground ball past Jenks up the middle of the infield. Uribe has it!! He throws.... OUT! OUT! A WHITE SOX WINNER AND A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!! THE WHITE SOX HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES AND THEY ARE MOBBING EACH OTHER ON THE FIELD!!!"

Then I just look at them a little distracted "Huh? Sorry, what were you saying?"

LOL! My favorite response so far.

I think Cub fan indifference and dismisal of the White Sox existence for so long has been one of the major annoyances of White Sox nation (if we can call it that) over the years. The fact that they are talking smack now after 6 games shows how much the White Sox success has gotten to them. It also shows their immaturity and lack of knowledge. I suppose if your history of losing is as deep as the Cubs organization, you have to take what you can get.

Overall, when I hear crap from Cubs fans about their "torrid" start I find a polite smile coupled with a "Congratulations. Wouldn't it be something if they kept it up all season and won the world series like the White Sox last year? What would be the odds of it going Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs three years in a row?" I say it with a straight face in such a manner that they are not sure if I am f***ing with them or not. The response is usually toned down and the topic changes fast. It don't mean a thing until they get the ring.

This is what I am using so far this year..

---------

Here's 20 things which have occurred since the cubs last won the World Series …

1. Radio was invented; Cubs fans got to hear their team lose.

2. TV was invented; Cubs fans got to see their team lose.

3. Baseball added 14 teams; Cubs fans get to see and hear their team lose to more clubs.

4. George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.

5. Haley's comet passed Earth. TWICE.

6. Harry Carey was born ... and died. Incredible, but true.

7. The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and ALL other Chicago teams won championships in each league.

8. Man landed on the moon ... as have several home runs given up by Cubs closers.

9. Sixteen U.S. presidents were elected

10. There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.

11. Prohibition was created...and repealed. For a brief period, Cubs fans couldn't legally drown their sorrows in booze.

12. The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered and became the subject of a major motion picture. Giving Cubs fans hope that something that has been on the botton for almost a century can resurface in some way, shape, or form.

13. Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League

14. Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down.

15. A combination of 40 Summer and Winter Olympics have been held.

16. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown, who proceeded to thank Cubs pitchers.

17. Bell-bottoms came in style, went out of style and came back in.

18. The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, WHITE SOX and Florida Marlins have all won the World Series.

19. The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games; they lost the majority of them.

20. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were added to the Union.

You still want to talk s*** about your start this season? Bronson Arroyo has not hit a home run since High School...that is until he faced Cubs pitching and has two this year, both against the Cubs.

Yesterday, the Cubs were getting their asses kicked so hard that Aramis had to leave the game with a sore butt.

How are Kerry and Mark doing? Yeah, Dusty and the Cubs doctors are wondering the same thing.

I would love to write more, but I have to go polish my World Series Champions trophy.

I'm near the north shore where 90% of people root for the cubs so I'm used to it

all of my friends are cubby fans, so when they started racking on me for our 1-4 start I used a combination these (in order of how much they worked)

1. your jealous

2. wheres your world series championship?