Dumb Poll for the off day

Wedge

If the price was right, would you trade for Torii Hunter  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If the price was right, would you trade for Torii Hunter

• Yes
    • No

I'm a little bored on this off-day, so let me ask a question. If the Twins tank, and decide to trade Hunter, would you trade for him? It'd almost be a move akin to when the Bulls brought in Rodman: the guy on the hated division rival steps in as a great defensive player and brings just enough clutch offense to keep you over the top?

If we could get him for a collection of spare parts, then yes. I don't see any real reason to not take Torii Hunter. He's not a very patient hitter, but he's an elite defender and has some decent pop.

We'd have to give up something decent to get him though, and it seems unlikely that the Twins would trade him to us. I wouldn't give up anything too valuable to get him.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
I'm a little bored on this off-day, so let me ask a question. If the Twins tank, and decide to trade Hunter, would you trade for him? It'd almost be a move akin to when the Bulls brought in Rodman: the guy on the hated division rival steps in as a great defensive player and brings just enough clutch offense to keep you over the top?

Getting AJ was like Rodman going to the Bulls.... hated him and then LOVE everything about him.

Hunter coming here would be like Starks coming to the Bulls, hated him and continue to HATE him.

I still have yet to forgive and forget the whole incident with the Josh Paul plowing and saying the Cell didnt deserve to hold an All-Star game. Classless clowndick.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
Getting AJ was like Rodman going to the Bulls.... hated him and then LOVE everything about him.

Hunter coming here would be like Starks coming to the Bulls, hated him and continue to HATE him.

I still have yet to forgive and forget the whole incident with the Josh Paul plowing and saying the Cell didnt deserve to hold an All-Star game.  Classless clowndick.

You refuse to forget yet you can't remember properly, it was not Josh paul it was Jaime Burke.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)

I still have yet to forgive and forget the whole incident with the Josh Paul plowing and saying the Cell didnt deserve to hold an All-Star game.  Classless clowndick.

That was mietchivich who said that about the all star game, not Hunter.

For a year rental, or half a year, I would do it in a heartbeat. Torii is Kenny and Ozzies type of player, and he is already a gold glover. If Brian Anderson was asked for in exchange, then Torrrrriiii better be signed to a long term deal. But I would do it. :)

As long as Liotta, Lumsden or Sweeney were not involved, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I view him essentially the same way I viewed AJP when he was on the Twins.

Hate him as a Twins player, would love him in a Sox uniform.

Plus I am not yet sold as Brian Anderson as the future in CF. I like Anderson, don't get me wrong, but I think Sweeney and Owens both have a chance to overtake him in the future for OF spots.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
As long as Liotta, Lumsden or Sweeney were not involved, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I view him essentially the same way I viewed AJP when he was on the Twins.

Hate him as a Twins player, would love him in a Sox uniform.

Plus I am not yet sold as Brian Anderson as the future in CF.  I like Anderson, don't get me wrong, but I think Sweeney and Owens both have a chance to overtake him in the future for OF spots.

I hear Gage is rangey out there. Has tools, but all of them suck.