White Sox vs. Tigers 12:05 p.m. CT

HeGone33

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
I love the gamecast: Shelton homers HARD to left.

I honestly didn't think he hit it that hard. It barely cleared the wall, and it didn't sound like he hit it quite that solidly.

Bobby still perfect on the season. Great win!!!

Why should we worry about Bobby? He's perfect on the season, and has only given up that HR to Sanders (he has 3 in the last 3 games) and a bomb to the hottest hitter in the majors.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
I am a huge bobby jenks fan, and cant even spin it like this.

Oh, my bad. Has he blown a game I didn't see. Has he given up more than the 2 runs to the 2 of the several hottest hitters in the AL?

Does he have more than the 1 walk, or less that the 4 Ks? Seriously. There is nothing to spin.

Edited by jphat007

I'm not too concerned about Jenks. I'd rather he give up a 2 run homer with a 3 run lead instead of walking Shelton, and bringing the tying run up to bat. This will be hypocritical of me to say, but I see no reason for complaining after this game. We won, Contreras dominated without striking out a lot of guys, and Thome is amazing.

BTW...good job Ozzie handling the bullpen.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 12, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
It was a meatball to Shelton, there is no doubt. However, the conditions were pretty s***ty out there.

Im just happy we came away with the W. Whatever works.

He obviously didnt have his good fastball and still won it. Its cool.

Sox hold on for the win, thank goodness. I'm in class, unable to watch the game, and Gamecase doesnt say anthing about velocity.

As far as AROW vs. BA goes, last year I remember Rowand misplaying at least 2 balls toward the end of the season when Jenks pitched that dropped in front of him. Does anyone think this is because Jenks throws so hard? That the CFs are immediately going back on balls his right at them? Just a thought.